Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicators not working!!

Hi,
    Indicators are not showing on the charts. Orderflow indicators are working fine. any suggestions to resolve the issue?

/Jay

Hello jagswe,

Thank you for your message.

Are these built-in indicators or are they 3rd-party indicators? Does this behavior persist if you restart NinjaTrader?
    Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Justin, thanks for responding!
      Both built in and 3rd party add on, never had this issue before. I have tried restarting, repair and tried to remove some 3rd party addon but problem persist!

Regards
      Jay

Comment

Hello jagswe,

Thank you for your response.

Let's try testing your platform in Safe Mode to fully verify if this behavior is being caused by a 3rd-party add-on using the steps below.

Safe Mode will prevent NinjaTrader from:
        • Loading workspaces and connecting on start-up.
        • Loading custom assemblies (i.e. 3rd-party add-ons and NinjaScripts)
        • Getting instrument updates from the server
        To enable Safe Mode, please use the following steps:
        • Shut down NinjaTrader.
        • Hold the CTRL key and double-click the NinjaTrader icon.
        • Keep holding the CTRL key until you see the Control Center.
        • You may then verify you are in Safe Mode by going to Help -> About.
        Once you have opened the platform in Safe Mode:
        • Reconnect to your Data Provider
        • Please open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issues.

Does the behavior persist on this blank Workspace in Safe Mode?
        • If not, please try opening your previous workspace by going to the Control Center > Workspaces drop-down. It may already show as being open. Hit 'close' and do not save and then re-open it again for your windows to re-appear. You will notice that no 3rd-party add-ons are running in Safe Mode.

Does the behavior return on your regular Workspace in Safe Mode?
        • If not, restart NinjaTrader, and test for the behavior on your Workspace normally once more with your 3rd-party add-ons available. If this reintroduces issues, I suggest rebuilding your workspace, adding 1 add-on at a time.

Please keep track of what add-ons you add back in to identify the cause of the behavior if it returns. If it does not return, it indicates the error was isolated only to your other Workspace. I also suggest making a backup of your workspace so we can restore a backup if the issue returns.

You will want to keep this backup file on an external hard drive or uploaded to a cloud drive such as Google Drive or OneDrive.

To create a backup, go to the Control Center > Tools > Export > Backup File. Additional information about backups may be read in our Help Guide linked below.

Please let me know the results of this test. I look forward to your response.

Comment

Hi again,

Followed the steps, and yes, indicators (both regular and 3rd party) working fine in safe mode but back in regular mode problem persist.

I then went to remove ninjascrip assembly to remove the addons but getting a error message " you have coustom ninjascript files on your PC that have programing errors. these errors must be resolved before removing ninjascript assemby"

any ideas ? your help is really appricated

Regards
          Jay

Comment

Hello jagswe,

Thank you for your response.

Please note that no 3rd-party add-ons will work in Safe Mode, so everything you would be seeing would be the built-in indicators. Since everything worked in Safe Mode, we have narrowed it down to something 3rd-party on the platform.

This error message indicates that there are other NinjaScript errors on your platform that need to be resolved before you will be able to import or remove any 3rd-party add-on for further troubleshooting.

To begin resolving this, do the following:
            • Go to the Control Center > New > NinjaScript Editor
            • Right-click in the NinjaScript Editor > select 'Compile'

You should see some errors in orange appear at the bottom of the window. Expand this window so that as many, if not all of them, are visible. Expand the error message itself as much as possible as well.

Please send a screenshot of these errors, and we will be able to send you the next steps to resolve them.
            To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.
            Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
            Click here for detailed instruction

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by sightcareclickhere, Today, 01:55 PM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post sightcareclickhere  
            Started by Mindset, 05-06-2023, 09:03 PM