I lost all of my drawn objects and restoring from backups doesn't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I lost all of my drawn objects and restoring from backups doesn't work

This morning, NinjaTrader failed to start in my Windows 10 environment. I had to restart Windows. When I finally got Ninja back open, all of my drawn objects were gone. I backup my workspace to an Export file frequently but restoring from there didn't bring them back. Those objects represent a LOT of work.

I am so angry I'm not thinking straight and I can't type this message. I go to the trouble of backing up my work but what is the point if restoring doesn't bring it back?
    Last edited by daniel coltrin; 09-13-2021, 08:13 AM.

Hello daniel coltrin,
    Thank you for the message.

The Drawing Objects on a chart are going to be saved as part of the Workspace file.
    If you have backed up the Workspace file it should have backed up the Drawing Objects that were on the Charts within those Workspaces.

If Restoring your platform from a Backup file is not bringing the Drawing Objects back, please write in to Platform Support directly with an email that includes the backup file you are using and your log and trace files so we may analyze what is happening with your platform specifically.

You may use one of the following methods to send us your backup file and log and trace files so that we may analyze what is occurring with your PC and Platform specifically.

Automatically:
    Within NinjaTrader, go to the Control Center > Help > Email Support...
    Input your Email address
    Enter the Subject as: Clayton ATTN 3260382
    Attach the backup file
    Include any other information you would like to share on the situation
    Make sure 'Log and Trace files' is checked to include the requested files
    Send the email

Manually:
    Open the file explorer and go to your "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents") folder
    Open the NinjaTrader 7 (8) folder
    Hold Ctrl on your keyboard and left-click the 'log' and 'trace' folders to highlight them both
    Now, Right-click on the 'trace' folder and select Send To > Compressed (zipped) Folder
    Once compressed, attach the compressed file in an email to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com with the respective @ and .
    Once complete, you may delete this compressed folder
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Indicators are not affected and remain in place. I was using a single workspace with Global charts (45m, 15m and 1m chart) with do my essay single instrument.
      I have similar issue: I attempt a restore and it produces a prompt that restore was successful: but none of the data is actually retrieved.

Comment

Hello michaelcantwell1,
        Thank you for the note.

We would like to verify if you are experiencing the exact same behavior or if there are any other details involved with your PC and the behavior you are experiencing.

Please use one of the following methods to send us your backup file and log and trace files so that we may analyze what is occurring with your PC and Platform specifically.

Automatically:
        Within NinjaTrader, go to the Control Center > Help > Email Support...
        Input your Email address
        Enter the Subject as: Clayton ATTN 3260382
        Attach the backup file
        Include any other information you would like to share on the situation
        Make sure 'Log and Trace files' is checked to include the requested files
        Send the email

Manually:
        Open the file explorer and go to your "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents") folder
        Open the NinjaTrader 7 (8) folder
        Hold Ctrl on your keyboard and left-click the 'log' and 'trace' folders to highlight them both
        Now, Right-click on the 'trace' folder and select Send To > Compressed (zipped) Folder
        Once compressed, attach the compressed file in an email to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com with the respective @ and .
        Once complete, you may delete this compressed folder
        Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by kujista, Today, 05:44 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by elderan, Yesterday, 08:03 PM
        1 response