Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error on startup, login, machineID?

Hello,
    I received several errors, following is the context……
    I have NT8 installed on a machine as backup and on which it is seldom used, and received a ‘change of machineID’ message on launch, advising I would need to re-enter my login credentials and my licence would be restricted to Simulation account.

I recall updating my pc's BIOS - is this the origin....? Otherwise I have not made changes to hardware e.g. pcu, hdd, motherboard etc no OS re-install.

I have re-entered my login credentials and can connect to my broker.

However I cannot see my live account - which seems consistent with the initial message about change in machineID, licence restricted to Sim mode.

I can login as usual on my primary trading pc.

Does this require Ninja to re-assign the Licence on your servers? Or else please advise.

Thanks and kind regards,
    Last edited by brucerobinson; 09-11-2021, 06:37 AM.

Hello brucerobinson,

Thank you for your post.

You would need to enter a live license key into the platform to trade live and to see your live account information. Keys that begin with "@SIM" will not show live account information.

You can check your NinjaTrader license Key under Help -> License Key

If you do not have a live license key, please let me know.

This occurred because your machine ID has changed. If your machine ID changes, NinjaTrader 8 will automatically remove your license key, username and password, and other sensitive information. This is a purposeful security feature. This feature prevents others from being able to access your personal information simply by stealing your files and loading them onto another PC.

NinjaTrader does not control your machine ID directly. Your machine ID is generated by NinjaTrader based on your PC's fundamental hardware (like RAM, motherboard, etc.) and fundamental software (BIOS/UEFI version, Windows updates, firmware updates, etc.). If any of these items change, your machine ID is likely to change as well. There is no way to manually change your machine ID.

If your machine ID has changed and it is affecting your add-on licensing, you will need to reach out to the add-on vendors with your new machine ID.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Shawn and thanks.
      Comprehensively correct - BIOS update I guess the cause of change of machineID, SIM Licence Key in place - copied live key from other machine, now good to go.
      Always good to know the rationale behind it, there's a greater chance I may remember what to do next time..

Many thanks & kind regards,

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by aligator, 01-06-2022, 12:14 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post john_44573  
      Started by reynoldsn, Today, 05:56 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes