Interactive Brokers and NT8 integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interactive Brokers and NT8 integration

• Hi I would like to integrate my IBKR Pro account with NT8. I have a live data feed with IBKR and a NT8 license key, I'm looking for a recommendation for help with a good installation, heck even a paid service is fine. If you can direct me I would appreciate it. Have a great day Thanks Sincerely Paul

Hello P Marshall,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please elaborate a bit further on what you are looking for? I'm not sure if I understand what you mean when you say you are looking for help with a 'good installation'. What do you mean by that?

If you are just looking to connect to Interactive Brokers in NinjaTrader, NinjaTrader natively integrates with Interactive Brokers through TWS or IB Gateway. A third party service isn't necessary to establish this connection. You may read more about it at the connection guide at the link below;

Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for responding Zachary
      Do I have to revert back to the 985.1g version of TWS still? Or have improvements been made already?
      This is Marcos earlier post:

"You'll need to be using the supported version of TWS as per the connection guide below to ensure the connection functions correctly:https://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGu...nnection-Guide

Using any other version such as the newest build 10.10, will cause such undesired functionality. The standalone, supported version can be downloaded above and used with NinjaTrader."

Thanks Paul

Comment

Hello Paul,

Thank you for your response.

985.1g is the supported build of TWS for use with NinjaTrader. We do not support using any of the 10.10.10 builds. They are untested and will result in unexpected problems with your data or order entry. You will need to downgrade to 985.1g if you'd like connect to your Interactive Brokers account in NinjaTrader.

Please let us know if we may assist any further.

Comment

Hi
          I'm trying to integrate my IBKR Pro account with NT8. In the Connection Configuration Instructions (step 4) I'm trying to select from amongst the list of "Available" Connections. Unfortunately IBKR is not listed among them, and I can't move to the next step. How do I get IBKR added to the list of Available Connections???? It shows Barchart, Kinetick, Continuum, etc.

Comment

The connection type you are allowed to see is a known value maintained
            by the NinjaTrader folks on their license servers.

Contact them via email (I think they'll want your license key, which you
            should keep private and away from this thread).

You need them to change their license server so your license key is associated
            with IB connections. This is what allows your NinjaTrader.exe to show you
            the IB connection type.

If you want to see more than one broker connection type (and connect to multiple
            broker connections at the same time) you would need a Multi-Broker license.

Comment

Hey bitdavid
              Thank you for your reply.
              Have a great day

Comment

Hello, I'm interested on the discussion, there's a mode to connect IB to NT8 without tws or gateway?
                Thanks

Comment

Hello frasg,

Thank you for your inquiry.

There is not. In order to connect to your Interactive Brokers account, you must be using NinjaTrader 8 and the supported version of either TWS or IB Gateway. The API requires TWS or IB Gateway and there is no way to circumvent that requirement. You may read more about the configuring an Interactive Brokers connection from the guide at the link below;

Please let us know if we may assist you any further in the future.

Comment

Hello,

Im having a problem receiving data with NT last version 8.1.1.1 64-bit and IBKR. I'm using IB Gateway Build 10.19.1k, Jan 23, 2023. The connection is OK but when I reload historical data the chart remains loading... for hours. Also, the price doesn't move but I can see on Chart Trader BID/ASK moving normally. I can see my account information, PnL, etc... but chart doest work.

I need help to solve that issue!

Regards!

Thanks

Comment

Hello LuisJorge,

It appears that your question does not relate to this thread, in the future please be sure to start a new thread if you have unrelated questions.

Please try updating to the current release which is 8.1.1.3. Also make sure and confirm that you are using the current supported version of TWS which is: 10.19.1k. You can find the steps to configure the connection here: https://support.ninjatrader.com/s/ar...language=en_US

If that does not help to resolve the issue please use the Help -> Email support option to create a case with the support team.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi NinjaTrader_Jesse​,

I have done what you said and nothing. Even I have sent an email to support attaching some image but nothing, just some link with performance tips that does not solve the problem. I'm still waiting for hours to load a simple chart of 20 daily candles.

Regards!

Comment

Hello LuisJorge,

I would suggest to contact your broker to make sure your account is currently set up for live and historical data.If the broker says the account is set up correctly please use the Control center -> Help -> Email support -> Platform technical support option and ensure you have log and trace files checked. Please include details that you contacted IB and your account is set up correctly, you have installed the IB version listed in the connection guide but still cannot get live data on the chart.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by GwFutures1988, Today, 02:48 PM
                          1 response
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                          Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM
                          6 responses
                          0 likes