X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to Load Custom Assembly

Hello,

I got the following 2 error messages when opening up NT8:

"Unable to load custom assembly. Original version has been restored. You need to recompile your custom NinjaScript files."

"Unable to load NinjaTrader custom assembly. Please reinstall NinjaTrader: Could not find a part of the parth."

I downloaded version 8.0.24.3 from the website. I first tried the repair option. Then I removed NT8 and reinstalled it. However, I keep getting these two error messages and the program won't load.

Please advise.
    Thanks,

Hello harr5754,

Can you please perform the instructions below and check if you can start NinjaTrader.
    • Shut down NinjaTrader.
    • Navigate to the Documents folder in Windows.
    • Right click the "NinjaTrader 8" folder and select Rename. Name it "NinjaTrader 8 Old". This folder contains all settings and data.
    • Uninstall NinjaTrader via Windows start menu-->Settings-->Apps once more.
    • Reinstall NinjaTrader from the link below.
      https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
    Check if NinjaTrader now starts successful without error. If so, you can restore settings and data between the "NinjaTrader 8 Old" folder and the newly created "NinjaTrader 8" folder while NinjaTrader is shut down. I have included some file locations below.

Workspaces
    Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->workspaces

Database
    Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->db-->NinjaTrader.sdf

Chart templates
    Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->templates-->Chart

Market Analyzer templates
    Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->templates-->Market Analyzer

Other templates
    Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->templates-->Strategy, Indicator, etc

Historical data
    Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->db-->day/minute/tick folders

Market Replay data
    Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->db-->replay
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

I followed your instructions and was able to re-install NinjaTrader. However, when I started it up it asked me to upgrade to a Lifetime license (which I already have) to unlock the Order Flow functionality. Also, I copied from the "NinjaTrader 8 Old" folder and the newly created "NinjaTrader 8" folder, but none of my custom strategies and indicators showed up under the Edit Ninjascript.

Thanks

Comment

Can you please enter your lifetime license key at Control Center-->Help-->License Key.

You can find indicator and strategies at the locations below.

Indicators
        Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->bin-->Custom-->Indicators

Strategies
        Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->bin-->Custom-->Strategies

Do you see your indicators and strategies if you right click in a chart and select 'Indicators' and 'Strategies'?

Comment

Jason, looks like it's back up and running with my custom indicators and strategies now. It seems this may have happened during a power dip. Is this common and if so, do you have any recommendations for backing up files?

Comment

I'm not aware of a power outage causing this error.

You can create backup files at Control Center-->Tools-->Export-->Backup File.

Comment

Jason, I can see my custom strategies in NinjaScript Explorer but they are not showing up in the Strategy Analyzer. Please advise.

Comment

Now they showed up. Please disregard. Not sure what happened.

Comment

Hi, I'm having the same problem. Downloaded NT8 and can't open it. Tried uninstalling it, reinstalling it, changing directory name etc. etc.
                  Nothing is working for me.

With that said, I can still use NT7 but 8 can't load.

Comment

Hello Trader Mike Kilo,

Thank you for your post.

Are you seeing any errors on screen when you try to open NinjaTrader 8?

If so, please post a screenshot.
                    • To send a screenshot with Windows 10 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.
                    • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save it as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Thank you in advance.​
                    Gaby V.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm having the exact same problem as the user who started this thread. I've followed all the instructions, and uninstalled and reinstalled several times. When I click on Ninja Trader it asks me if I want to fund my account (which is through a prop firm through rithmic) or simulated. If I click on fund account, it takes me to the website. If I click on simulated, it gives me the same two errors about "unable to load custom assembly..." etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Rob

Comment

I've been getting both errors again and again when I open Ninjatrader as mentioned by harr5754
                        "Unable to load custom assembly. Original version has been restored. You need to recompile your custom NinjaScript files."
                        "Unable to load NinjaTrader custom assembly. Please reinstall NinjaTrader: Could not find a part of the path."​

I followed the steps reinstalling the ninjatrader and it works but again it comes up when I copy paste some code from my backup folder. Is there any quick solution instead of reinstalling Ninjatrader? I can not reinstall every time it happens because it loses so many stuff every time I reinstall.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hello tradeesh,

Thank you for your inquiry.

It sounds like one of the items that you are reintroducing in your back-up is causing the problem to occur again. You would need to isolate what item that is and eliminate it. I would advise contacting our support team directly so that they can work with you more personally and take a look at your diagnostic files from the platform. You can contact them by going to Help > Email Support and sending them a description of the problem (you can just probably copy and paste what you have here) as well as making sure that 'log and trace files' is selected at the bottom (it is checked by default).

We look forward to assisting you.
                          Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                          5 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post Bidder
                          by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM