Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy shows in Chart Available Strategies but file does not exist, how to remove?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy shows in Chart Available Strategies but file does not exist, how to remove?

I'm developing a strategy and ran it through Strategy Analyzer and Optimizer a few times. Mysteriously, after running the optimizer or analyzer, the source code for the strategy would be overwritten to some previous random version and it would wipe out all my edits. I was using Visual Studio to debug it. In the attached image, see the top two Strategies listed. The one ending in _2021_08_08_04 appeared after running the strategy analyzer, crashing, wiping out my original file, then I had to copy the text back from the Strategy Analyzer generated file to restore all the changes to my wiped out file, change the name and the text references in the new file to eliminate the text with the _2021_08_08_04 suffix, then reran the strategy. ​​​

I decided to just remove the source code file from the bin/Custom/Strategies/ folder, restart NT8, restart the PC, and now a new strategy with the name given by the Analyzer is showing up and it cannot be Enabled. That's okay, because I removed the source file anyway. The name (filename or text name property) that ends with _2021_08_08_04, for instance, cannot be found on my PC anywhere after searching the entire disk.

How do I remove these references to strategies that don't exist anymore, especially since the text does not exist on my disk? I just want to start clean again. I have restarted multiple times.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-08-08 19_53_16-Window.png
Views:	322
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	1166949

I solved half of the issue. To get my original Strategy back, DITSML, I copied a saved copy into the bin/Custom/Strategies folder and launched NT8 again. The DITSML_2021_08_08_04 strategy was still there. Then I launched the NinjaScript Editor and saw that the newly copied DITSML strategy was listed, so I opened that and compiled it and that solved the problem of the phantom strategy file listed.

I'd like to get rid of the other strategy file that does not exist, any ideas, or, at least, can you tell me where NT8 loads this strategies list from? Again, the text of those "lost" strategies is not found on my disk after doing a Windows File Explorer search.

Comment

Hello bfalls,

To remove a third party assembly package please:
      • Click Tools -> Remove NinjaScript Assembly...
      • Select the assembly to remove -> click the Remove button
      To remove open source indicators:
      • Click New -> NinjaScript Editor -> select to expand the Indicator folder
      • Right-click the indicator by name -> select Remove
      To remove an open source strategy:
      • Click New -> NinjaScript Editor -> select to expand the Strategies folder
      • Right-click the strategy by name -> select Remove
      Once removed, a script will no longer list in the Strategies window Available list.
      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Chelsea, got it!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM