Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orders not being sent to Interactive Brokers

Hello,

I'm able to connect to Interactive brokers via the connections (green light), however my orders are not being sent through (log snippet below).. This is with a live account and lifetime license.

- When I submit my order, in NT8 it says submitted (Submitted is yellow), but nothing is show in interactive brokers.
    - When I cancel the order, it just says cancel pending, and gives me the error "Close operation failed. Operation timed out. Manually close your position"
    - I need to re-connect to get the order cleared from NT8.

I've tried restarting NT8 and TWS multiple times, but am still seeing the issue. I'm able to place an order directly in TWS, but from NT8, it's not working.

I haven't had any issues up to this point (was working yesterday). What could be the issue?
    Close operation failed. Operation timed out. Manually close your position
    Cancelling any remaining strategy orders
    Order='********' Name='Entry' New state='Submitted' Instrument='MES 09-21' Action='Sell' Limit price=4404.5 Stop price=0 Quantity=5 Type='Limit' Time in force=GTC Oco='' Filled=0 Fill price=0 Error='No error' Native error=''

Hello jdr120,

CRITICAL — If your inquiry involves live orders, please always reach out to your broker's Orders Desk immediately to confirm and manage your live orders and positions.

If your trades are with NinjaTrader Brokerage, you can contact NinjaTrader Brokerage Order Desk here:So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.? or 8.0.?.?)
    • What instrument symbol (and expiry if applicable) were you trading? (For example, ES 09-21, AAPL, EURUSD, etc.)
    • What version of TWS or IB Gateway do you currently have installed? (This is located in TWS at Help > About Trader Workstation)
    • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
    I look forward to assisting you further.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Zach, I have verified that the issue is on Interactive brokers end. You can close this thread. Thanks

Comment

Hi jdr120
        I have the same issue. What did IB say?
        Thanks
        thomas

Comment

Hello td_910,

Thank you for your post.

For you and anyone else that comes across this post, it is because of a build of TWS that was released yesterday. All users have reported that downgrading to the TWS build that is supported for use with NinjaTrader corrects this problem. For NinjaTrader 7 users, that would be 978.2c and for NinjaTrader 8 users, that would be build 985.1g.

You may download the supported version of TWS from the link below;After downgrading TWS, this issue should no longer occur and you should be able to send orders from NinjaTrader to your Interactive Brokers account without issue.
          Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by f.saeidi, Today, 12:14 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
          Started by Russ Moreland, Today, 12:54 PM
          1 response
          0 likes