Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening Range

Hello,
    I was wondering how would i go having the volume profile distinguish the opening range for say the first 30min of the open. It appears that it just gives the opening range from the start of the overnight session and not the regular trading hours session. Please advise. thank you

Hello agraham,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Are you referring to the Order Flow Volume Profile? If so, can you please include a screenshot of the 'Opening Range' that are you referring to so that I can be sure that I am accurately addressing your question?

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

I look forward to your reply.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

i've attached the image. as you can see up top in the blue is where the regular trading hours open is. Down low is where the overnight session open. You can see in the red down low the lines are where the overnight opening range is. I want to have the opening range for the regular trading hours not the overnight session. is it possible to have the first 30 minutes opening range for the regular trading hours and not starting at the overnight session. thank you
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello agraham,

Thank you for your reply.

Please navigate to your chart, right-click and select 'Indicators'. From there, please select the 'Order Flow Volume Profile' from the lower left-hand side. Expand the window so that all of the properties are visible and send me a screenshot so that I can see your settings and create your profile on my end. It's likely just a matter of changing the 'Trading Hours' setting for the indicator, but I want to recreate the profile on my side so that I can test and be certain.

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Hello,

see the attachment. the initial balance is currently set to 0. that's because when i set it to 30 for the first 30 minutes of the open it would still display from the first 30 minutes of the overnight session. thanks again.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello agraham,

Thank you for your reply.

To have the initial balance range and profile be restricted to the RTH session, you would need to apply an RTH trading hours template to the Order Flow Volume Profile. For MNQ, that would be the CME US Index Futures RTH template.

You may read more about the Order Flow Volume Profile properties from the link below;

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by selu72, Today, 02:01 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
            Started by WHICKED, Today, 02:02 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes