Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategies, indicators and other files not detected

Hi,

I purchased a computer, installed NT, transferred my files and put them exactly as they were before (in user\documents). The system detects some of them (eg. workspaces, custom trading hours templates, db) and does not detect others (eg. strategies, indicators, chart styles).

It may have to do with the user name on the new machine being different from that on the old machine (actually just the first letter changed from small to cap). But then how come the system does detect some of the files?

More importantly, how to get the system to detect all the files without having to change the user name now? Assuming the user name is the problem.

The NT version is the latest, same as it was on the old machine. (I upgraded just before the computer went to computers' heaven. And it worked fine.) The OS before was Windows 8.1, now Windows 10.

Another thought, maybe these undetected files have to be compiled to be detected (?). If so, we're talking dozens of files. Is there a way to do a bulk compilation or does it have to be one by one?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look at a few items.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 3204211 ATTN Dennis

I look forward to your reply.
      Dennis E.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Dennis. It was the compilation. Those files had to be compiled and when opening the editor it is possible to do a bulk compilation, so all is good.

Thank you for your reply.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by techgetgame, Yesterday, 11:42 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post techgetgame  
        Started by sephichapdson, Yesterday, 11:36 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes