Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huge bar in chart

Hi,
    When loading a new chart, the last bar in the chart (the most right) is huge, I have tries to set the "Global merge policy" to "Do not merge" with no success,
    What else can i do ?
    My Computer clock is also OK.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Hello yaniv,

Thank you for your post.

We've moved your post from the Strategy Development section to the Platform Technical Support section.

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.? or 8.0.?.?)
    • What is your NinjaTrader license Key? You will find this under Help -> License Key
    • Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on the lower-left corner of the Control Center window.
    • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
    • Does the issue persist if you right-click and select 'Reload All Historical Data'?
    I look forward to your reply.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,
      Version: 8.0.24.2 64-bit
      License Key: is it safe to write it down here ?
      Connection: Simulated Data Feed
      Error in log tab: Chart rendering failed. There is likely a problem with a chart object's OnRender method. D2D error = 'HRESULT: [0x88990001], Module: [SharpDX.Direct2D1], ApiCode: [D2DERR_WRONG_STATE/WrongState], Message: The object was not in the correct state to process the method.
      Yes, Exist even if I reload all historical data, the huge bar just move to be the last one in the chart

Thanks

Comment

Hello yaniv,

Thank you for your reply.

My apologies, I did not mean to include the question about your license key. Good thinking to not provide that here.

This long bar is occurring because you are using the Simulated Data Feed. This data feed does not provide real data into the platform. It is randomly-generated data that is used to simulate functionality in the platform. Obviously, since this is fake data, it would not be reflective of the actual market and would not provide you with any live market data.

If you'd like to use NinjaTrader with live market data, you'd need to have an account with and create a connection to a real-time data source. If you do not yet have an account with one of our supported data providers, you may request a free data demo from the link below;

NinjaTrader is a futures trading platform that delivers integrated multi-device trading. Discover our best platform to trade futures for active futures traders.

This demo will be good for 14 days from the date is requested. Your username and password will be sent to your via email from the email address CQGTrader(at)cqg(dot)com. Please search your email inbox and spam folders for this email after requesting the demo.

Once you've received your username and password, you may create your connection using the guide at the link below;

https://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGu...nnection-Guide

When creating the connection, please ensure that 'Demo mode' IS selected, 'Use WebAPI' is NOT selected, and that you have not included any extra spaces or characters in your username and password.

Lastly, here is a great place for new users to start which contains many video guides that will help with initial configuration of the platform, including getting logged in:Below, you will find links to some FREE publicly available resources to help you become a NinjaTrader power user:Please feel free to write in with any additional NinjaTrader items we may assist with.
        Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post sarafuenonly123  
        Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes