Barchart real-time data not working for stocks playback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barchart real-time data not working for stocks playback

I have subscribed to the Barchart data service for the stock market replay. But when I download the system it replies that there is no market replay data available for the selected instrument (a US stock). I checked Barchart's requirements and saw that he provides the data for the stocks. What am I doing wrong?

Hello frabary,

Thank you for your inquiry and welcome to the forum.

When you download Market Replay data using the built-in download utility, this data does not come from your data provider. The replay data comes from our servers and is provided by NinjaTrader. We do not record equities data on our replay server, only the most popular futures and forex instruments for the past 90 days.

If you have a real-time Barchart connection, and you'd like to use their equities data for replay, you must first record this data yourself. I've included a link to the section of our help guide which describes how to record your own replay data;

It's important to keep in mind that when you record replay data, you must first stream that data in real time from your data provider by connecting to your data provider and adding any instruments that you'd like to record to a data receiving window (a Market Analyzer is a great way to record multiple instruments at once). Please note that replay data will only be recorded for as long as you are connected and have that instrument active in a data receiving window. For example, f I opened a chart for AAPL from 11 AM to 11:30 AM, I would have replay data for AAPL from 11 AM to 11:30 AM but no other time frame because I did not have the instrument active in a data receiving window before or after that.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok, at this point I don't need Barchart but my Interactive Brokers account is already sufficient to connect Ninjatrader. Thanks so much.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by DavidHP, Today, 07:56 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
      Started by kujista, Today, 06:23 AM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post kujista