Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is there a way to show OHLC on the main chart window instead of in the databox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way to show OHLC on the main chart window instead of in the databox?

Is there a way to show OHLC in the same chart window right next to the candle when a mouse pointer hovers over it or at the top or bottom of the chart windows when one brings the mouse on the candle he/she wants to get OHLC values for?

Yes I can see them currently when I enable "Show Data Box" option but it comes up as a separate window and goes in the background when I switch between different applications running and when I get back to my chart window the databox window doesn't show up until I look for it through alt + tab

Please let me know. Thanks in advance

Hello vpatanka,

Thank you for your post.

The Data Box and Mini Data Box allow you to access both bar and indicator values on your chart at a glance. The Mini Data Box provides a compressed view of your chart data, while the Data Box provides a more comprehensive view of the data.

To access the Mini Data Box, hover your mouse cursor over the chart panel from which you would like to see values, then press down on your middle mouse button. After pressing and holding down your middle mouse button, the Mini Data Box will appear with a range of information related to the data series and indicators in the chart panel in which you click. You can then continue holding down your middle mouse button as you move around the chart to view values for other bars, or release your middle mouse button to hide the Mini Data Box once more.

The Mini Data Box displays the Date/Time, Open, High, Low, Close and Volume information of the selected bar on the chart, as well as the values of any indicators plotted in that chart panel. This view is ideal for quick access to information on a specific bar.

I would recommend enabling "Always on top" When enabled, this will keep the Data Box above all other windows in your workspace, so the values are always visible as an alternative to looking for it with the Alt + tab. Right click anywhere in the Data Box to access the right click menu.

Below is a link to the data box section of our help guidePlease let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Marlon B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_MarlonB View Post
      Hello vpatanka,

Thank you for your post.

The Data Box and Mini Data Box allow you to access both bar and indicator values on your chart at a glance. The Mini Data Box provides a compressed view of your chart data, while the Data Box provides a more comprehensive view of the data.

To access the Mini Data Box, hover your mouse cursor over the chart panel from which you would like to see values, then press down on your middle mouse button. After pressing and holding down your middle mouse button, the Mini Data Box will appear with a range of information related to the data series and indicators in the chart panel in which you click. You can then continue holding down your middle mouse button as you move around the chart to view values for other bars, or release your middle mouse button to hide the Mini Data Box once more.

The Mini Data Box displays the Date/Time, Open, High, Low, Close and Volume information of the selected bar on the chart, as well as the values of any indicators plotted in that chart panel. This view is ideal for quick access to information on a specific bar.

I would recommend enabling "Always on top" When enabled, this will keep the Data Box above all other windows in your workspace, so the values are always visible as an alternative to looking for it with the Alt + tab. Right click anywhere in the Data Box to access the right click menu.

Below is a link to the data box section of our help guidePlease let us know if we may be of further assistance.
      "Always on Top" precisely answered my question and good to know about "mini data box" as well. Thank you so much !

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by techgetgame, Today, 11:42 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post techgetgame  
      Started by sephichapdson, Today, 11:36 PM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes