Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gaps

Hello,

I am experiencing price gaps open my charts, how do I fix this ? I understand there may be price gaps when the market opens on Sunday evening but I have been getting them a lot more regularly than that, and during times when there is not a major news event, I was told to just reload all historical data on all my charts the first time I open any chart every day to fix the issue, however this has not solved the issue, I am trading using FXCM live data and when I compare my charts to other traders that also use FXCM live data through NT8 they're not experiencing these bad price gaps, how do I fix this ? I have included an example.

Also in tools>options should I have 'Filter Bad Ticks' tick or not ticked ? and what does it do exactly ?

Hello JackK,

Thank you for your note.

I recommend Deleting your historical data and reloading it.

To delete historical data, follow the steps below.
    • Shut down NinjaTrader.
    • Open the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > db folder.
    • Delete the sub-folders named 'Tick', 'Minute', 'Day', and 'cache'.
    • Restart NinjaTrader, connect to your data feed, and test.
    I have provided a link to the NinjaTrader 8 Help Guide that covers the bad Tick feature below.

Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance.
    Jermaine S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I followed the instructions you gave an done the whole process twice, didn't help with the problem at all, as you can see from the below chart a gap appeared again, and now the chart is showing that i didn't even hit the entry price and i just entered a trade on, very inaccurate, comparing that chart to the USD/JPY FXCM chart on trading view you can see how off it is, been having these gap problems and minor inaccuracies for quite a while now, and have to constantly refresh all historical data on every chart everytime NT8 starts but that doesn't even seem to be working now, surely its not that hard to just get a normal price feed and chart for a forex pair with FXCM data without a load of problems ?

Comment

Comment

Just deleted and re-downloaded NinjaTrader and it hasn't solved anything.

Comment

the gaps are always within the past 24 hours, so where price is gapping now the price will be filled in and fine there tomorrow, but there will be a gap close to where price is currently

Comment

Comment

so the data is there, as its showing correctly on the 60m, but on the 240m its not, so its not a data provider issue, its definitely a ninjatrader issue

Comment

think I just solved the issue, I had 'Break At EOD' ticked in Data Series, when I unticked that and refreshed the problem resolved itself, for now anyway.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:56 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post kempotrader  
                  Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:54 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post kempotrader