buy limit orders with a buy stop limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

buy limit orders with a buy stop limit

I'm trying to make a buy limit order and set the buy stop limit at the same time. Is there any way to do this? I'm on a Mac but run NT8 on Parallels.

Hello metalartiste,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forum!

The easiest way to achieve this would be with ATM Strategies. ATM Strategies will bracket an open position with a predefined stop loss and profit target, and manage your position in a semi-automated fashion. Once either the stop or profit target is hit, the unfilled order will be canceled. You may read more about ATM Strategies and how they are used at the link below;

Additionally, there is a short video overview of ATM Strategies that is publicly available at the following link;

Lastly, NinjaTrader also allows users to place a pair of OCO orders manually. You may read more about placing manual OCO orders at the link below;

Please let us know if we may assist you any further.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Using the ATM in your example above forces you to "buy market". I want to buy a limit order and place a stop buy order at the same time. I have a Mac and using the DOM I can't use the control key as it doesn't place the stop buy order - rather it just places another order above the market.

Comment

Hello metalartiste,

Thank you for your reply.

The video is simply an example of how to use the ATM Strategies. You can apply an ATM Strategy to a limit order, stop order, stop limit order, and any other order type. You are by no means required to use market orders. Additionally, you don't have to use the SuperDOM either. You can use Chart Trader for ATM Strategies as well. I'd suggest that you watch our ATM 201 webinar to get the full picture of how to use ATM Strategies. A recorded copy of this webinar is publicly available from the link below;

As far as completing operations that require the use of the CTRL button on a Mac, we don't technically support using a Mac so I wouldn't really have a specific recommendation on how to overcome this limitation. With that said, when using Parallels, I believe the 'Command' button would generally substitute for the CTRL button. .

Lastly, as I had mentioned, ATM Strategies are used to automate your exits to a position. If you are trying to place 2 entry orders that would cancel one another once one has been filled, you may want to read more about OCO orders. I've included a short video that discusses OCO orders that is publicly available from the link below;

Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post alifarahani  
        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
        1 response
        0 likes