Imported strategy not showing up in ninjascript explorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imported strategy not showing up in ninjascript explorer

The imported strategy is not showing up in ninjascript explorer (in editor) but I can still add the strategy to charts

It's all in the title. I tried to google this but when I saw someone asking a similar question they were advised to send something to support email - so I'm making this post in case I need to involve support. Hopefully this is just me doing my typical user error.

I'm uploading a screenshot that shows the strategy attached to the chart (GRAYBOXv2) while simultaneously not showing in ninjascript explorer.
    Attached Files

Hello butt_toast,

Thank you for the post.

That would be normal if the item is a third party assembly, protected/compiled items don't show up in the editor because they cannot be edited. You can instead find them in the Control center -> Tools -> Remove NinjaScript assembly menu.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
      Hello butt_toast,

Thank you for the post.

That would be normal if the item is a third party assembly, protected/compiled items don't show up in the editor because they cannot be edited. You can instead find them in the Control center -> Tools -> Remove NinjaScript assembly menu.

Thanks for the reply. I wrote this myself not third party.

I thought I exported it as unprotected but I very well may not have.

Are there any other circumstances that would lead to this if I did actually export it unprotected?

Comment

Hello butt_toast,

Do you see it in the NinjaScript assembly menu? If so then you didn't export it as source code. If its not listed there then there may be a problem with the files name or it may be having an error. Make sure to check the control center log tab for errors when opening the strategy menu.

You could also manually look in the folder Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom and Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Strategies for the file, the .cs file and its name are not relevant to the platform but may allow you to locate the file. If you locate it you can edit it with a text editor to see what the Name = " "; is set to, that would let you know what it will show up as in the list.

Another alternative is to extract the zip you imported and look at what files are in the zip, you can also edit the .cs file in a text editor to find its name.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I re-exported it from one computer without compiling it, then when I re-imported it on the second computer I am now able to see it.

Just a case of being new to ninjascript and learning how this is done by trial and error.

I've gone through this process with a few platforms over the years and totally accept being bad at this stuff while I learn because it won't be like that forever. Just like anything in life worth being good at.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post terofs
          by terofs

Started by nandhumca, Today, 03:41 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes