Indicator Housekeeping??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator Housekeeping??

Is it possible to aggregate the Indicator Library in different folders according to say, 3rd Party Developers or by focus say Moving Averages, Momentum, Signal Processing, etc. For me this would be more convenient.

Secondly, If I want to delete non-Standard/downloaded indicators, Do I just delete them? Lastly, is ther a list of the Standard NT indicators? Forgive me if these are too simple or have been answered elsewhere.

Hello,

Currently sorting the indicators would not be possible. it is however possible for custom items to be programmed to be placed in a custom folder in the list. The developer would do that while creating the script.

Custom NinjaScripts can be removed in one of two ways from within NinjaTrader 8:
    • Add-ons can come as packages called 'assemblies'. An assembly can be removed by going to Tools > Remove NinjaScript Assembly > Select the assembly you wish to remove > Remove.
    • To remove NinjaScript individually you can go to New > NinjaScript Editor > Double click on the 'Indicators' (or the relevant) folder > Right click on the add-on you wish to remove and select 'Remove'. Repeat these steps for all add-ons you wish to remove.

You can find a list of the system indicators here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...indicators.htm

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for res[ponding. I want to remove Addon "PropertyGridForIndicatorAddonExampleWindow". I receive the message The action can be completed because "PropertyGridForIndicatorAddonExampleWindow" is being referenced by "SetIndicatorValueFromAddonWindowPropertyGridExamp le". Remove this dependency and try againThis creates a circular reference. How do I deletee these?

Thanks

Comment

Hello dmking,

You would need to remove the other item that is mentioned before being able to remove the item which generated the error. Alternatively you should be able to expand both folders and control + Click to select multiple files to remove.

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.

Comment

It sound like I need to do this within the folder containing the addons and not fro the NinjaScript Explorer.

Comment

Hello dmking,

Yes that is also another option, the editor can otherwise be used.

The error is just letting you know that you cannot remove an item which is in use, the same would happen if you tried to remove an indicator that a strategy was using.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Comment

Here's the sequence of events and messages. Can't do what you suggest from within Script Editor.
              Attached Files

Comment

ANNNNNNND< I'm back where I started.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello dmking,

If you are having trouble using the editor you can also manually remove the files like you had noted. After removing them you would need to recompile from a different indicator like the ADL.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Thanks, Jesse...

Refresh my memory... Where are the Indicator/Addon folder/files located?

Comment

Hello dmking,

Your user data and custom items would be located in the folder/subfolders: Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Thanks Jesse,,,
                        Man, I guess it's good to know where all these files and folders are!... Feel like I was on a scavenger hunt...Any way, thanks for your patience and guidance... Everything is all fixed up...Too bad you guys don't have a "Tip Jar"... I'd buy a Friday Beer.

Have a good weekend.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                        2 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post wzgy0920  
                        Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
                        5 responses
                        0 likes