Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data Latency for Ninjatrader

Hi Everyone and the Ninjatrader support team,

I wish to get some advice on the topic of market data latency. I am currently based in Singapore, and being a newbie on this platform, i wish to clarify a few questions about incoming market data

1) CQG data server: if i sign up, made the fund deposit, and start using the default Ninjatrader CQG account, which data server would the market data come from? Would it be from Singapore, or it would still arrive via Chicago or Europe connections ? Can the user choose the data server to be utilized in live trading ?

2) CQG data latency: i tried pinging the CQG Singapore server [118.201.11.201], and the response time is ~10 ms, as compared to a CQG Chicago server response time of >200ms. In this regard, if i send an buy/sell order via Ninjatrader, to the CQG Singapore server, does this Singapore server also need to spend >200 ms per direction to communicate with the servers located in US, thus making the total response time still >200 ms ?

3) Rithmic data server: I noticed that Rithmic also has a data server in Singapore, thus a similar question to #2 is what might be the total expected response time per direction for the entries or exit orders?

4) Latency from Ninjatrader: I wish to find out the location where Ninjatrader brokerage is located, and an estimated breakdown of the total response time per direction for the entries or exit orders? Does the total response time comprise of the time to send the long/short instructions from my computer in Singapore to a Ninjatrader broker in US, and then from the brokerage to the FCM? Will utilizing a CQG or Rithmic server based in Singapore shorten the overall response times ? What might you suggest in terms of hardware setups (e.g. using a VPS), in order to minimize the latency times as much as possible?

Wishes to clarify these doubts, and thank you in advance for the kind advice. =)

Regards
    Trader2021

Hello trader2021,

Can you please send us an email at "brokeragesupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com" regarding these questions.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

These questions are very interesting, especially for international clients outside of US. Would you mind answering some of them here in this post so that more people can benefit from the answers on how your connections and latency work?
      I have seen quite a bit of latency myself from just the demo account (I'm in Denmark) when trying it out and was wondering about this as well.

Comment

Hello,

Our brokerage team cannot provide information on the forum, so we recommend referring to our website or writing into them directly for details on your specific questions and/or situation.
        Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Max238
        by Max238

Started by giulyko00, Yesterday, 12:03 PM
        3 responses