Doubt with "add target"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doubt with "add target"

I would like to know what makes this order concretely. On many occasions with the atm strategy when I trade 3 contracts and all 3 have the same stop loss and limit distance, the orders are separated by 2 + 1. However, on other occasions in the same example an order is executed and of 3 limits / 3 stops one disappears (in profit or loss) so I do not understand this "add target" order very well. Can you explain me please?

Hello punky2111,

Thank you for your message.

When you select the 'Add Target' button, it will split your existing Target into multiple separate targets (if applicable), allowing you to modify only 1 of your Target Contracts rather than all of them if they were all submitted at the same price.

From our NinjaTrader 8 Help Guide - Managing SuperDOM Positions page:

"If you have an active ATM strategy displayed in the SuperDOM, you can add or remove targets. For example, you may have a 2 contract position with 1 Stop Loss and Profit Target for 2 contracts each. You may decide to split this target (add target) so you can exit the final contract at a higher price.

It is important to understand the following logic:

•If you have 1 target and you remove a target, you will be left with a stop loss order only

•New targets are added 4 ticks from your current outside target for futures, $0.20 for stocks"

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
    Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This is what I do not understand because I thought that he divided the objectives but sometimes he divided the objectives and other times he closed a contract automatically, why does he not always do the same? Thanks.

Comment

Hello punkiy2111,

Thank you for your message.

It sounds like when you hit 'Add Target' you might want to move the target further away from the current price. If all of your Targets are split but at the same price, the will Fill regardless of being split or not if they are all at the market price.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
        Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes