Saving Chart Templates w/ Indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saving Chart Templates w/ Indicators

Hello, I recently uploaded a number of new third party indicators. However, when I go to save them as a new template, none of my indicators (or very few) are saved to the template.

The background color doesn't save or even saving underneath a new name doesn't work as well. Perhaps these "premade" templates from the 3rd party don't allow adjustments to them?

If that's the case, still when I save to a new template, the indicators don't save as well. Thanks.

Hello JGCapitalia,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Are you saving a chart template, or a template of the settings for the indicator?

Do you see any errors in the log tab of the Control Center when the template is applied in regards to the indicators in question?

Our ability to troubleshoot issues with third party indicators are limited by the fact that we did not develop them and in most cases they are distributed as compiled assemblies so we cannot access the code to assess what may be occurring. I would recommend reaching out to the vendor you received them from for assistance as they would best be able to tell you if the indicator parameters may be saved to a template or the indicators themselves saved to a chart template.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

Yes, I receive an error message in the log tab that says: "Failed to restore Indicator 'Unknown'. Most likely a) the implementation changed or b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or c) the custom assembly which implements this indicator is no longer there.

Comment

Hello JGCapitalia,

Thank you for your reply.

That would indicate that at least one of the indicators has code in it that is improperly saving values when you're saving a template or workspace. Unfortunately, the error doesn't tell us which one. This is called a "serialization error". You will need to contact the vendor and let them know you're receiving errors when saving the indicator and have them take a look at their code.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
        Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post terofs
        by terofs

Started by nandhumca, Today, 03:41 PM
        0 responses