Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Demo Account on Live Credentials

Hello

I finished setting up my live account after funding it. On market data, I selected no market data ($0 per month) as I am not ready to trade live and do not want the monthly subscription. I am also using a free license key.

When I load up my charts, I do not see the live market data as I used to see with demo credentials. What do I do so that I can have demo charts on my live credentials? Or do I have to pay the monthly fee for market data?

Hello aloopascal,

Thank you for your note.

When connecting to a live account it's expected that you would not see live data without a live data subscription for that account. You'll need to subscribe to the data feeds you'd like to view when using your live account by filling out the MDE again.

Be aware that even when connecting to a live account you still always have the option to trade on the SIM101 account for practice.

Please contact the brokerage again or update the MDE form they sent you so you can view live data.
    Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

So when I trade on the SIM101 I will not be able to see any market data unless I subscribe to the same on the live account?

Comment

Hello aloopascal,

Thank you for your note.

That is correct, the platform itself does not provide data. The provider you're connected to controls the data you have access to. Demo accounts are provided by the exchange for a free trial of 14 days, however live accounts require a live data subscription.

Please keep in mind that due to restrictions by the exchange, you may only request one futures demo every 365 days, but Forex demos may be renewed every 30 days. If you have exceeded this limit you will not receive login credentials if you try to apply for another demo account.
        Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Okay, thank you

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
          7 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
          Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM