Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instrument Manager

Hello,

I recently downloaded NinjaTrader 8 and I'm attempting to follow along w/ bond course I purchased. I'm attempting to access Instrument Manager so I can add ZB, but I don't see that option. I only see Instrument and Instrument lists. Is there another path I should take to get to instrument manager? I've included an image for reference. Now, I don't know what version of NT is being used in the image, but I would imagine the functionality is similar between the versions.

Please let me know what I'm doing wrong to access Instrument Manager.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
    CB

Hello cappoclay,

Thanks for your post.

Please follow the instructions below to add an instrument in the Instrument Manager in NinjaTrader 7.
    • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools> Instrument Manager
    • Press the 'New' button
    • *Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange (add Default exchange for equities in addition to the actual exchange)
    • Fill in any relevant information under the 'Misc' tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivity provider
    • Press the 'OK' button
    * If you wish to add an equity, this can be accomplished without following the steps above. Just open a chart (for example) and start typing in the symbol and a new instrument is automatically created.

The instrument is now added to the master instrument list.

Please follow the instructions below if you want to add this instrument to an instrument list.
    • Select the instrument list you wish to add the instrument to via the 'Instrument lists' drop down list in the upper left-hand corner
    • Select the exchange (Default recommend for equities) as this will route orders to your broker smart routing system
    • Select the appropriate expiration date if this is a futures instrument
    • Press the '<' button to add the instrument to the list
    • You are now complete and can press the 'OK' button.
    Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the response, Brandon. I'm not using NinjaTrader 7. I'm using NinjaTrader 8. Do I have the same functionality to add an instrument in Instrument Manager in NinjaTrader 8?

Comment

Originally posted by cappoclay View Post
        Hello,

I recently downloaded NinjaTrader 8 and I'm attempting to follow along w/ bond course I purchased. I'm attempting to access Instrument Manager so I can add ZB, but I don't see that option. I only see Instrument and Instrument lists. Is there another path I should take to get to instrument manager? I've included an image for reference. Now, I don't know what version of NT is being used in the image, but I would imagine the functionality is similar between the versions.

Please let me know what I'm doing wrong to access Instrument Manager.

Any help is appreciated!
        The image in your post is from NinjaTrader 7.

NinjaTrader 8 does not have "Instrument Manager" -- they've redesigned that
        into two separate dialogs "Instruments" and "Instrument Lists".

It sounds like your Bonds course is designed for NT7.

In NT8, the closest thing to the old NT7 "Instrument Manager" is the
        new "Instrument Lists" dialog. The idea is that you add ZB to the
        list called "Futures" (a default list automatically provided in the
        dialog) and then when you create a chart, you can access the
        Futures list and get to the ZB instrument.

Plenty of help exists out there.
        Last edited by bltdavid; 06-23-2021, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Hello cappoclay,

Thanks for your note.

The image attached in your initial post is of the NinjaTrader 7 instrument manager which is why I had moved the forum thread. I will move this thread to the NinjaTrader 8 Platform Technical Support section of the forums.

Should you wish to add an instrument to your database in NinjaTrader 8 that is not located in the preloaded lists, please follow these steps:
          • Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Instruments window.
          • Left-click on the ‘add’ button that appears near the lower right-hand corner of the Instruments window.
          • Enter instrument-specific symbol mapping, exchanges, and other information on the Instrument editor that appears. This information will largely depend on your broker or data feed provider’s specific settings regarding the instrument in question.
          • Left-click the OK button once each field has been filled out with correct information.
          The new instrument has now been created in your database. Should you wish to add this instrument to an instrument list:
          • Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Instruments Lists window.
          • Left-click to select the instrument list that you wish to add this instrument to in the left panel, then left-click on the ‘add’ button at the bottom of the right-hand panel.
          • Type the name and (if applicable) front month of your instrument in the search field that appears. Press the Enter button on your keyboard to confirm this change.
          • Left-click the OK button to close the Instrument Lists window.
          Your new instrument is now added to the instrument list of your choice.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
          Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the detailed responses!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Waxavi
            by Waxavi