Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Behaviour of F icon on upper right corner of the chart and how to re-center the chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Behaviour of F icon on upper right corner of the chart and how to re-center the chart

Hello most of the times when I click the F button on the chart upper right corner, the chart disappear because the price value of the chart goes to 0.25 value, hence I have to drag on the price column in order to take the price to the range where the instrument is trading at. How can I stop this and how can i recenter the chart quickly? thanks

Hello Lando,

Thank you for your message.

Clicking the 'F' (Fixed Scale button) at the top-right of your chart should return you to the current price on your Chart and auto-scroll as real-time data is rendered. From what you are describing, the bars on your chart become no longer visible. If this is true, what specific Instrument are you looking at on your chart, and which Data Provider are you connected to?

If possible, please also upload screenshots of your chart of how you are expecting to see it and what happens when you press the 'F' button in the top-right.

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

Thank you very much in advance for any clarification. I look forward to assisting you further.
    Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello, here are the two screenshot one before pressing F and the one after pressing it, thanks. I'm using CQG and I'm on a lifetime license. The chart shows ES Thanks

Comment

Hello Lando,
        Thank you for those screenshots.

Let's start by having you do an Instrument Reset on your platform to see if that keeps it from jumping to that odd number.

To reset your instruments, please take the steps below.
        1. First, disconnect from any data providers by navigating to the Control Center > Connections menu, and left-click on “disconnect” that appears to the right when hovering your mouse over any active connection
        2. Next, reset your instruments by navigating to the Control Center > Tools > Database Management
        3. In the Database Management window, under the “Update instruments” section, ensure that “General properties”, "Futures expiries" and “Symbol mappings” options are checked and then click Update
        4. Lastly, restart NinjaTrader for the changes to occur

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
        Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Another possibility is having a "fixed" scaling on the right of the chart. To see what it is currently is set at move the pointer/ mouse over the right scale, then right click. Select properties. Then see what the "Range" option (first in list) is set to -- > Automatic or Fixed. You probably want automatic.

JohnR

Click image for larger version

Name:	NT8_Chart scaling_help.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	1161096

Comment

Thank you joromero, I've tried both but it does not work, I hope to fix it somehow with the other solution I have been given here, thx

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by DanielTynera, Today, 01:14 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DanielTynera  
            Started by yertle, 04-18-2024, 08:38 AM
            9 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post yertle