Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Volume zones

Hi guys!

Is there someone to clear me out on this idea?
    I have the indicator Volume Zones on 5 different charts, with 5 different timeframes - from one minute to five - see the picture attached. I have loaded only one day, yesterday, 17.06.2021

There are no 2 indicator prints identical - is this ok? I think not!

The data behind is raw, not splitted in timeframes. There should be the same thing on all the prints, as I am seeing the whole day.

There is something wrong here... the print from the volume is quite the same, same highs, same print etc...
    This indicator is promoted to work best with historical data...

Is this a workaround to make the paid version of volume profile worth?

And may I ask, which one is the closest to reality?

Thanks!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by nailui; 06-18-2021, 07:52 AM.

Hello nailui,

Thank you for your note.

I was able to test on my end and do see slight variations as well.

This would be expected based on how the Volume Zones function.

The bar for the Volume Zone at a particular level is the cumulative volume for what price that falls within the range of that particular zone bar visually.

With 5 different time frames the bars will vary slightly in return the Zone Bars will vary slightly.

You may review the Volume Zone description by going into the Indicators window, select the Volume Zone and then left-click on the i in the top right corner of the 'Available list.

Alternatively if you use the generic 'Volume Profile' with Tick Replay enabled on each chart the Profile will be identical between the 5 charts.

Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

I've done a replay for the 17th and got this print from the Volume Profile... None of the above looks the same...

So the Volume zones has zero accuracy...
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello nailui,

Thank you for your post.

To clarify The Volume Zones indicator is plotting a similar graphic but using different parameters.

Volume Zones plots a histogram graph using a range of price to build a bar of cumulative volume where the Volume Profile is the volume at each specific price.

Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The Volume Zones indicator takes the total price range on your chart and divides it in even sections by the number of zones (10 by default, max 20). These will be the horizontal histogram zones plotted. The length of each horizontal bar is the total volume of the normal (vertical) chart bars that CLOSED in the given price range. If the bar was green, its volume portion will be colored in green, and vice versa for red.

For different timeframes you will have different closes of the bars, so the zones will be different.

As you can imagine, with longer bars that span through multiple zones the volume displayed can be misleading; I would advise using the Order Flow Volume Profile tool or the Volume Profile indicator.

Had the same issue, lost a few hours to figure it out, hope this helps someone

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post r68cervera  
          Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post geddyisodin