Market Replay/Playback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replay/Playback

Hi guys, I have been having difficulties getting the playback feature to work properly, its working but it will only let me playback the past five days of historical data even though I have a lot of historical data downloaded, I have tried to use the playback feature using historical data and I have come across this issue, I have also tried to use the market replay data and the issue is even worse, it won't even let me download any market replay data. I am not looking for anything complicated, I don't need tick-by-tick data or level 2 data for a playback or anything I just want to be able to backtest a strategy I have on the 60m chart manually by going forward 1 candle at a time from 2011-2021 on the major forex pairs so that I can't see the price action after the point in the market that I'm currently analysing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Hello JackK,

I did not see your 2nd post when I posted my response.

If 'Historical' data is enabled, the Playback connection will use historical tick data to replay the market. Could it be you don't have historical tick data present, but historical minute or daily data?

Please note that you can only download Market Replay data for the last 90 days.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
        Hello JackK,

I did not see your 2nd post when I posted my response.

If 'Historical' data is enabled, the Playback connection will use historical tick data to replay the market. Could it be you don't have historical tick data present, but historical minute or daily data?

Please note that you can only download Market Replay data for the last 90 days.
        Hi Jason, thanks for the reply, yes I think that was probably the issue as I was using minute data not tick data, I'll download tick data now and see how it goes. Regarding the historical data, it is possible to playback the historical data for as far back as you have the tick data for yes ? (not just for 90 days like with the market replay data) ?

Comment

Yes, you can replay as far back as you have historical tick data present in NinjaTrader.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
            Yes, you can replay as far back as you have historical tick data present in NinjaTrader.
            yep all working fine now, thank you for your help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
            12 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
            Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB