Why is this Indicator deceiving me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is this Indicator deceiving me?

I'm using a 3rd party Order Flow indicator. It uses Tick replay. When I move the chart, especially faster it will freeze. So I go slow and it still freezes.

Now here's the deceiving trick on me, and I've lost hundreds till I saw this. When it freezes the time will shift back seconds on 5m chart and oddball minutes on the higher time frames. Its hard to tell unless your looking for it. Your not expecting your charts to play a dirty trick on you. The offset is only a little making hard to tell till your losing and wondering what the heck is going on. I put the NJ chart up against a TOS chart and that's how I saw it.
    Any ideas would be appreciated. I need to try things during regular trading hours.

Also. NT uses alot of CPU usage. Not alot of memory but alot of cpu with only 8 charts open to Order Flow and no other charts open. This cpu usage may have something to do with it freezing but my god just freeze don't shift the time back and trick me. . I'm using an refurbished trading computer with windows 10 pro. Thanks

Hello Mijo Woo,

Thank you for your post.

This behavior is known as 'chart rendering delay'. This can occur when the amount of incoming data paired with your workspace complexity/PC capabilities causes NinjaTrader charts to fall behind real-time data. You can try to reduce the number of days to load in your charts. To do this, right-click on your chart > Data series > Decrease the number of 'Days to load' > Click OK. You can try to keep reducing the number of days until the performance improves. I have included a link to our help guide on the topic of PC performance. You can use these configurations to ensure that your NinjaTrader platform is in the best condition.
    Performance Tips

To see what (if any) NinjaScript items may be contributing to the symptoms, please open the NinjaScript Utilization Monitor:
    • Control Center > New > NinjaScript Output
    • Right-click within the NinjaScript output window > Select 'NinjaScript Utilization Monitor...
    • This window will begin to populate with NinjaScript items in order of time spent processing
    • Let this window populate for at least a few minutes then send me a screenshot of it's contents
      • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
      • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

We look forward to your reply.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hey Thanks Shawn. Good stuff. Lots to try and think about. I really appreciate it and will let you know.

Comment

Mijo Woo, to see when your charts are lagging, run the ChartLagTime indicator script here.

Comment

Lancer, I wanted to thank you for the indicator. It has been very helpful. I've been away for a while but wanted to thank you for reaching out to me with that. I appreciate it.

Comment

ShawnB, I'm still having trouble with chart lag. File attached.
            Thanks,
            Mike
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello Mijo Woo,

Could you please send the log and trace from your platform to look further into this inquiry?

To send me your log and trace files from within NinjaTrader. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Email Support in NinjaTrader. Put '3139646 - Att Shawn', in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'. Also, give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.

We look forward to assisting you further.
              Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by DanielTynera, Today, 01:14 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post DanielTynera  
              Started by yertle, 04-18-2024, 08:38 AM
              9 responses
              0 likes