Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All sound for NT8 has stopped working

Hi,

I am no longer getting any sound for NT8 on my Windows 10 computer. I found only one related article in the support forum. In this article there is a screenshot of the Volume Mixer showing NinjaTrader 8. NT8 is not listed in my Volume Mixer. I have searched for similar issues outside of this forum and checked all recommended settings and resolutions. I even contacted Microsoft support via chat and attempted their first resolution. I wanted to check with NT8 support before contacting Microsoft again, since it is only this app that is affected.

Any ideas?

Hello StevenL,

Thank you for using NinjaTrader.

NinjaTrader 8 may often disappear from the Volume Mixer if no sound has been triggered after a while. As a test, try the following:

Shut down and then re-open NinjaTrader 8, and then open the Volume Mixer by right-clicking on the Volume icon on the taskbar.

In NinjaTrader, connect to any Data Feed, such as the Simulated Data Feed. Once you are successfully connected, the 'Connected' audio file will be triggered, and you should see NinjaTrader 8 appear as active in the Volume Mixer where you may confirm that volume is being received by your system and that it is not muted.

Please let me know the results of this test. I look forward to your response.
    Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the reply.

This has been an issue for several weeks, and I have already tried everything possible. Yes, I even tried what you just suggested once again just so I could say that I did.

Any other suggestions? Have you seen anything like this with NinjaTrader?

I really do not want to reinstall NT8, but I think that may be my next step.

Thanks,
      Steven

Comment

Hello StevenL,

Thank you for your update.

I would like to take a closer look at your personal platform settings and specs. Please write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post.

Follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
        • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
        • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
        • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
        • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Thank you in advance for these files. I look forward to assisting you further. 
        Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I just wanted to give an update here. There weren't any clues in the trace and log files as to the cause of loss of sound in NinjaTrader. I was instructed to reinstall over the same installation. Problem persisted. I renamed the :NinjaTrader 8" folder, and then reinstalled again. Everything works now with the fresh install. I had to copy all of my workspaces, templates, data, and even lines in config files to get everything back to normal.

Thanks for the effort.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Irukandji, Today, 09:34 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post Irukandji  
          Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
          3 responses