Setting up ATM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting up ATM

Is there a way or possible to create a ATM with R:R based from an ATR? For example with a 1:1; if an order is placed and it gets filled, then TP and SL will get adjusted based on the r:r, but it will get calculated from the ATR (lets say the multiplier is 2). I think what I'm describing is similar to Tradingview features.

Currently I'm using the risk reward tool and manually move the tp and sl. Hopefully I'm making sense.
    Last edited by Johndc; 06-07-2021, 07:28 AM.

Hello Johndc,

Below is a link to a forum thread on this subject.
    Hello support team, I have 2 dataseries, a 1minute to detect the ATR value. Now I would like to set the stoploss and profit target based on the actual ATR Value Example: Stoploss 2xATR Profittarget 3xATR value 1. How can this be done with builder, I have no coding experience 2. Later I would like to have the possibility to

I am also including a link to a forum post with helpful information about getting started with NinjaScript.

Are you making this as a NinjaScript Strategy or through the Addon approach?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Actually, I don't have any coding experience and was hoping that there's a feature already built in.

Comment

Hello Johndc,

I've moved this thread to the Platform Technical Support section of the forums as this is not relating to development.

This would not be a feature built in. Any automation related to math, or information from data, requires a custom coded NinjaScript.

This thread will remain open for any community members that may know of existing addon tools with the requirements you seek.

You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please let me know if you would like our NinjaTrader Ecosystem team follow up with you with a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request or provide one on one educational services.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Oh okay, sounds good. I'll look into it, thanks for the suggestions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Karado58, 11-26-2012, 02:57 PM
          8 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Option Whisperer  
          Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:05 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes