Trading Hours in a strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trading Hours in a strategy

Im trying to run a strategy for MES but using the trading hours of the ASX, is this possible in the settings? And if so do I need to have a datafeed from that area to be able to do so? If thats not possible is it possible to setup just for after hours (or Globex only)?

Hello guy besley,

Thank you for your post.

To accomplish this, simply right-click on your chart, select data series, change the trading hours template to the ASX template you would like to use, and click Ok. Then run your strategy.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.

Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

it is that simple? just click " ASX index futures" then my strategy, even though its on MES will only run during those hours (and automatically close out too)?

Comment

Hello guy besley,

Thank you for your post.

Yes, when running a strategy from a chart, the trading hours the chart is set to determine the times that data will be used for the strategy to calculate on.

Regarding closing you'll want to make sure your strategy is configured to close using the "Exit on session close" option.

For more information on using NinjaScript Strategies please visit the link below:Please feel free to write in if you need additional assistance.
        Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your response. I definately have "exit on session close" but it doesnt activate. Im only playing on Sim at the moment, maybe that affects it?

Comment

Hello guy besley,

Thank you for your post.

This option does work with the sim101 account. When enabled, open positions will be closed on the last bar of a session. Here is the Running a NinjaScript Strategy From a Chart to assist you further by explaining every option and property of the Strategies feature.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
            Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Odd, I do it that way and definitely enable close at end of session, but still doesn't. Its probably something to do with my computer as it occasionally times out. Thanks anyway, but Ill assume the issue is local on my end.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post zstheorist  
              Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
              8 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post rehmans