Help Guide for Log Tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Guide for Log Tab

I'm running NinjaTrader version 8.0.24.2 64-bit, and I'd like to see/set the colors that are used in the Control Center Log Tab. About this...

1. I believe the Help Guide for the Log Tab is out of date. The screen capture below shows what's presented in the Help Guide for the Log Tab Properties form (left) and what the Log Tab Properties form looks like on my computer (right).

Click image for larger version

Name:	LogTabProp.PNG
Views:	397
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	1158909
    2. How do I set, or at least see, the colors that are used on the Log Tab for the levels Alert, Error Information and Warning?

Thank you,

NtFan

Hello NtFan,
    Thank you for the note.

The Control Center > Log tab > Right-click > Properties window should look like it does in the Help Guide.
    Please know that if your Documents folder is being backed up by a cloud service like One Drive or Drop Box, you will want to create a backup file of your platform before proceeding in case it tries to erase unique files.

Go to the Control Center > Tools > Export > Backup file > Check all of the boxes for things you want to backup > Click Export and save it in the default location. Save this in case you need it later.

Please use the following steps to repair the platform:
    • Close NinjaTrader
    • Go to the Windows Control Center > Programs and Features > Click NinjaTrader 8 > Click Repair > Click Next through the prompts until it is finished
    • Reopen NinjaTrader and go to the Log > Properties menu again
    If the Properties window is still showing incorrectly, please use the following steps to uninstall and then reinstall NinjaTrader.
    • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
    • Click on the link: https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
    • Enter your license key and press Submit
    • Select 'Download'
    • Go to the Windows Control Panel > Programs and Features > Click on NinjaTrader 8 > Click Uninstall > Click Next through the prompts until it has finished
    • Go to your My PC > Downloads folder and click on the NinjaTrader installation file you downloaded previously
    • Click Next through the prompts to reinstall the platform
    • Once installed, open NinjaTrader and test if the Log > Properties menu is still appearing incorrectly
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I've painstakingly uninstalled and reinstalled NinjaTrader two times, and still the Properties form for my Control Center Log Tab looks as before (see above). Weird. Please advise.

Comment

Please use one of the following methods to send us your log and trace files so that we may analyze what is occurring with your PC and Platform specifically.

Automatically:
        Within NinjaTrader, go to the Control Center > Help > Email Support...
        Input your Email address
        Enter the Subject as: Clayton ATTN 3130036
        Include any other information you would like to share on the situation
        Make sure 'Log and Trace files' is checked to include the requested files
        Send the email

Manually:
        Open the file explorer and go to your "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents") folder
        Open the NinjaTrader 7 (8) folder
        Hold Ctrl on your keyboard and left-click the 'log' and 'trace' folders to highlight them both
        Now, Right-click on the 'trace' folder and select Send To > Compressed (zipped) Folder
        Once compressed, attach the compressed file in an email to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com with the respective @ and .
        Once complete, you may delete this compressed folder
        Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Skifree
        by Skifree

Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 09:06 AM