Multibroker License Key Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multibroker License Key Questions

I contacted support concerning multiple account management and they recommended your Multiple-Broker platform. However, when I inquired about how to populate (as in add) accounts, I was told that "my broker has to group them under the same login." I found this confusing because I thought "Multiple-Broker" is essentially "different brokers." and not "different accounts" under one broker. Did I misunderstand the capabilities your Multiple-Broker platform?

Hello Ziklag,

Thank you for your inquiry.

I moved your post to its own topic as it didn't appear to be directly related to the topic you posted under originally. When you have a new inquiry, feel free to create a new topic or contact us via email at platformsales[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com. Additionally, I'd recommend responding to the email you received so the conversation you've already started can continue.

With a Multi Broker license key you will have access to all supported brokerage connections. With some connections it is only possible to have one active connection at a time, even with a Multi Broker license key. This is the case with connections like NinjaTrader Continuum and Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage. It may be possible to connect to multiple accounts with the same connection technology if the accounts share a username and password.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Comment

Does this mean that if I have more than one NinjaTrader Brokerage Futures account with different usernames, I can only connect one of them at any one time? Hence, it would mean I can only ever trade one of those accounts at any one time.

If so, can one have multiple individual (i.e. different) NinjaTrader Brokerage Futures accounts under the same username, and if so, how does one differentiate them to connect and trade them separately?

Thanks.
      Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
      jeronymite
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

Hello jeronymite,

Thank you for your post.

"Does this mean that if I have more than one NinjaTrader Brokerage Futures account with different usernames, I can only connect one of them at any one time? Hence, it would mean I can only ever trade one of those accounts at any one time."

Correct, all installations of NinjaTrader will only allow one NinjaTrader Continuum connection to connect at a time.

"If so, can one have multiple individual (i.e. different) NinjaTrader Brokerage Futures accounts under the same username, and if so, how does one differentiate them to connect and trade them separately?"

This is not possible.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.

Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Shawn.

These are fairly dire constraints, I have to say. Please advise if a feature request to allow multiple Accounts to be connected simultaneously exists. If it does, please add my vote. If it does not, please submit such a feature request.

Thanks.
          jeronymite

Comment

Hello jeronymite,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

Thanks, Giovanna. Much appreciated.
              jeronymite

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ShawnB View Post
                "If so, can one have multiple individual (i.e. different) NinjaTrader Brokerage Futures accounts under the same username, and if so, how does one differentiate them to connect and trade them separately?"

This is not possible.
                My understanding is this is possible.

I thought multiple accounts can be created, all under the same account credentials,
                all with the same broker, meaning only one connection setup is needed inside NT8.

Once the connection is made, all accounts associated with those credentials are
                shown in the Accounts dropdown listbox.

Are you saying this is not possible with accounts at NinjaTrader brokerage?

Comment

Hello bltdavid,

Thanks for your note.
                  This question should be addressed by the Broker Support team.
                  Please email BrokerageSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Comment

I'll add my vote to this.

Comment

Originally posted by bltdavid View Post

My understanding is this is possible.

I thought multiple accounts can be created, all under the same account credentials,
                      all with the same broker, meaning only one connection setup is needed inside NT8.

Once the connection is made, all accounts associated with those credentials are
                      shown in the Accounts dropdown listbox.

Are you saying this is not possible with accounts at NinjaTrader brokerage?
                      Actually, I do think this is possible through NinjaTrader brokerage the way you describe it, but I can't say for certain.

Did you check this out, jeronymite ?

Regardless of that, I think the main issue in this thread still is relevant as I experienced the same issue now that I have two separate Rithmic connections I want to run at once from different brokers. The only solution for me have been to install NT7 to manage the second account. It works, but it's a bit cumbersome, especially considering that I'm a fast trader and it's one extra variable to consider.

Comment

... I have not tested the approach bltdavid suggests ... but it sounds plausible.

As for using NT7 & NT8 to achieve this ... really??? ... and that then limits it to two Accounts. ... and one loses all the advantages of using NT8 in the first place.

This really needs to be addressed in NT8.

Thanks.
                        jeronymite

Comment

I inquired with NinjaTrader Brokerage with this exact question.

Here is their reply:

"Your inquiry definitely makes sense and it is a great question. It is possible to have multiple accounts under one login. This would allow one to log in under one connection and have both accounts show. This arrangement is possible with a Continuum connection. However regarding Rithmic, please email [email protected] to request this."

So, just like I expected -- it's not a problem.

Just make sure you speak up and tell your broker (whomever it may be)
                          exactly what you want -- don't hesitate, ask questions, confirm everything.

Comment

Thanks, bltdavid . That's good to know.
                            jeronymite

Comment

bltdavid below are the responses I've received from [email protected] regarding Rithmic

You will need to contact TopStepTrader regarding this inquiry as NinjaTrader Brokerage does not manage these accounts.

The Multi-Brokers license key will allow you to connect multiple brokerage technologies at a time. The accounts or amount of accounts under one login is subject to the broker. In this case that would be TopStepTrader. If you would like to know more about Multi-Broker license keys please reach out to [email protected].

And from [email protected] ....;

There can only be one active connection to Rithmic at a time in NinjaTrader. To be able to connect to multiple accounts through Rithmic at the same time would require running NinjaTrader on multiple computers with separate license keys

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
                              12 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                              Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB