Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Microsoft .Net Framework error (Unhandled exception has occurred .....)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microsoft .Net Framework error (Unhandled exception has occurred .....)

Good evening, So I recently purchased the full license version on NinjaTrader and have been using Version 8.0.24.2 64-bit
    Problem - It looks like when ever I load a second chart and use a superDOM or do a lot of resizing on that window I end up getting this error. I would appreciate if this could be looked into as it has been very troublesome. I have tried loading the 32 bit version (as some have mentioned) and for a short time it would work fine but would just close itself down after a period of time. After this error triggers for the first time, any chart I move or size will generate the same error. If needed, I can make a video of the errors it creates so you can see exactly how it is done. Please advise.

Hello MyagiSon,

Thank you very much for your post.

.NET Errors are often caused by an outdated Windows installation, e.g. if you are several updates behind.

I would suggest opening the Windows Update and installing any pending updates you see, especially the "Feature Updates".

It might also be necessary to restart the PC in between, as many updates will not appear until after their prerequisites have been installed.

Should you still encounter this error after all Windows updates have been installed, please let us know!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I went ahead and did the updates as you suggested. (Which was good to know either way) Everything updated and restarted a few times.
      However the error is still showing up. What would be your next suggestion?

Comment

Hello MyagiSon,

Thank you very much for your reply.

If the updates did not resolve this error, please send us your platform's log & trace files, we can then best assess what is causing this.

The easiest way to do this is through the platform directly. Simply click on Help > Email Support.

Please also leave the following note in your email, this ensures it can be associated with your post:

Attn Manfred 3118196

I look forward to your email!
        Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Excellent, I went ahead and sent the email with the files requested.

Comment

For anyone following this thread.
            The steps we have attempted so far...
            1) Repair .Net Framework -
            --- Installed and used repair tool - Used corrected actions based on tool. (Problem was not resolved)
            2) Force NT8 to run on Nvidia GPU only.
            --- Couldn't change inside of Nvidia Control Panel as option was not available.
            ------ Used Windows Graphics Setting to force NT8 to run on Nvidia GPU
            --- Also changed bios to run dedicated Nvidia card only and turned off the onboard video card
            --- Problem Still persists
            3) Still in discussion with tech team. Created video to to show how the error is created.
            --- https://youtu.be/vKQ_9PQKC_Q

Comment

Update
              These are additional steps that have been added.
              1) sent windows event viewer logs as requested.
              2) Force NT8 to run on Nvidia GPU again (Using the windows method) - Restarted - Relaunched - Still error
              3) Uninstalled NT8 and reinstalled multiple times (after uninstall / deleted NT8 folder / rebooted / Website download for fresh install) - Double check on dedicated nvida gpu - Still error.
              Still working on a means to correct the issue. Unknown reason as my computer runs everything fine. Video editing, Games, Streams, tos, and other applications error free.

Comment

Update ** Current Solution **
                The tech reached out and connected remotely from within the NT8 software. He went back over all the previous issues that may have caused the underlying issue and in the end it appeared as though it may be related to my overclocking software. Although "Precision Xoc" was only being used for fan control it seemed as though when shut off the errors on NT8 were no longer re-creatable.
                **Note** - Spencer was the individual that connected remotely and did an awesome job at explaining the possible issues that may of been the reason behind the errors. It has to be said that he did a fantastic job breaking down and eliminating all possible problems. Not only did he rule them out, he spent time trying to recreate the errors. There was never a sense of being rushed or that his desire to assist me was false. I don't normally take surveys and although I wasn't offered one he warrants this positive review.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Johnny Santiago, 10-11-2019, 09:21 AM
                95 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post xiinteractive  
                Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post xiinteractive