Using Buy Sell Buttons in Chart Trader - Disabling contract increments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Buy Sell Buttons in Chart Trader - Disabling contract increments

Using Buy Sell Buttons in Chart Trader - How to disable increments in number of contracts?
    Number of contracts set is no longer showing.

Hello Pete77,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if I fully understand what you mean. So that I may better assist you, will you please provide a more detailed explanation of what you are looking to disable? If you feel that a screenshot would help, please include one.

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

I look forward to further assisting you.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I will look for an example tomorrow. I feel like I have lost control of the number of MNQ contracts I am trading. For example the QTY pad covers up number of contracts that are set to trade.

Comment

Hello Pete77,

Thank you for your reply.

If you press the 'close' option on the Qty Pad, does the issue persist?

Also, please do send a screenshot when you have a moment so that I can better understand what is occurring.

I look forward to your response.

Comment

I am trying to get a screenshot on the fly of my problem. Attached shows I have ordered 3 contract when I had chosen one. Sometimes it will come up with 4 or 5 contract when i have chosen one. This does not happen when using stop limit order. Click image for larger version

Name:	2021_05_27 (10_29_54 AM).png
Views:	197
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	1157902

Comment

This problem occurs using a buy sell button in the Chart Trader window. I must configured contract amount wrong somehow. I have deleted everything except 1 or 2 contracts in that window that shows when clicking qty pad. This is what made me think there is some kind of increment going on.

Comment

Hello Pete77,

Order quantity is one of the values that saves as part of your ATM Strategy template. Could it be that you are seeing the order quantity change as you select your various ATM Strategy templates? When I select an ATM Strategy template, my order quantity will automatically switch from whatever I had previously selected to the value that is saved as part of the template. I've included a video demonstration that I've made publicly available from the link below;

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

To avoid this, I would need to select my ATM Strategy template first then manually change the order quantity if I wanted to submit an order for a lower quantity than what is programmed into the template.

Comment

I have not changed my ATM Strategy for days. You know, the problem may be physical. I am old and clumsy, I may be holding that mouse too tightly, particuly when live, causing increase in number of contracts inadvertently. Anyway, thanks for the help, I have learned a lot.

Comment

Hello Pete77,

It's definitely possible that it could be more of a hardware issue than a programmatic one. For instance, I know that scroll wheel on a mouse and directional arrows on the keyboard will increase and decrease quantity if I have the quantity field selected. More information about adjusting quantity in the quantity selector may be found at the link below;

Please let us know if we may assist you with this any further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post algospoke  
                  Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes