Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Account Connections Same Broker Technology

Hello,

I asked support via email about how I could, possibly, populate (as in add accounts) to NT Multi-Broker Platform but I was told the accounts need to be grouped under the same login by the broker. What this meant to me is that (1) accounts under the same broker cannot be simultaneously run on NT Multi-Broker Platform WITHOUT the broker grouping them under the same login (2) since grouping under the same login is not feasible for accounts with different brokers then one CANNOT simultaneously run accounts from different brokers on NT Multi-Broker Platform. Is this a correct evaluation of NT Multi-Broker Platform capability?

Hello Ziklag,

Thank you for your inquiry.

That is not technically correct. With a Multibroker license, you may theoretically connect to as many brokers as you'd like. It is only as restricted as the underlying technology that is used to establish the connection. With that said, certain connection technologies do not allow multiple connections using the same connection adapter. I will give you a couple of examples;

1. I have a brokerage account at broker A, which uses the CQG connection technology. I also have a brokerage account at broker B, which uses Continuum. Since CQG and Continuum both use the same underlying connection adapter, I would not be able to connect to both of them at the same time because the CQG adapter does not allow multiple connections. It's not a limitation of NinjaTrader but of any platform that would use the CQG adapter. The adapter itself does not allow for multiple connections at the same time.

2. I have a brokerage account at broker A, which uses the CQG connection technology. I also have a brokerage account at broker B, which uses the Rithmic connection technology. This same limitation does not exist in this case. I am able to connect to both of these connections simultaneously, because they do not both use the CQG connection adapter.

3. I have 3 TD Ameritrade accounts. Because the TD Ameritrade adapter allows multiple connections, I can create connections for and connect to all 3 of these accounts at the same time.

As you can see, the answer is different for each of these different scenarios. In your case, it sounds like you are working with scenario # 1. In this case, since these accounts are with 2 different brokers, it would not be possible nest them under a single set of login credentials. The alternative solution is to convert one of those accounts to use another supported connection technology. Many brokers offer Rithmic as an alternative to CQG or Continuum for this very reason. If one of your accounts uses Rithmic, and the other uses CQG then it would be possible to connect to and trade both accounts at the same time.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Irukandji, Today, 04:58 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Irukandji  
    Started by fitspressoburnfat, Today, 04:25 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes