Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy analyzer window disappearing

Hi there,
    I didn't find anything about this behavior on this forum, maybe no one else has it.
    So I try to describe it. I have only one workspace that I use on a daily basis. It has 4 windows - main NT window, output window, script editor and strategy analyzer. Other workspaces are closed.
    I have 2 monitors. On my main I have Studio and analyzer. Other NT windows at my 2nd monitor.
    Everyday I start NT8 in the morning and close it at night. I do much coding/testing. I do code in Visual Studio.

1-2 times a week analyzer just disappears. So I have 3 options here:
    1. Open new analyzer window. After few hours (or even the next day even if I save workspace and close NT8) my disappeared window rises from the dead. Really. And I have 2 windows - old and new. And the old one has (!) all that parameters I set before it disappeared.
    2. Close NT8 w/o saving workspace. But opening NT doesn't bring back my analyzer. So I have to open new one. And guess what? My old analyzer is resurrected like in 1 option. It can be the same day or tomorrow.
    3. Close NT8 and save workspace. Same as 2.
    Unfortunately, I can't reproduce that. It just happens almost randomly.

Below my observation:
    - I noticed it happens more often if I switch from Studio to analyzer. Sometimes I click on analyzer icon on taskbar and it disappears with analyzer. So it's better to move analyzer to 2nd monitor and don't click on that icon. But it doesn't fix bug completely.
    - it doesn't disappear when some backtest/optimization is running (at least I don't remember that)
    - it doesn't matter what strategy is set. I made like 50 for the last year. Same problem.
    - when I leave my pc and see analyzer with my eyes and after 30-60 mins I come back it might be disappeared.
    - even if I am on the pc, it can disappear.
    - this behavior isn't just happening on my pc. I have old laptop with the same problem.
    - I'm not quite sure when it started. I use NT8 for 2 years. I update it regularly when new versions come. At least for the last year I see this bug.
    - at least 3 times I tried to uninstall NT, delete all NT folders and install it clean.
    - many times I tried to create new workspace and use it.

I can send you logs and stuff because few hours back it happens again. My current NT version is 8.0.24.2 64-bit, lifetime license.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Leeroy_Jenkins; 05-21-2021, 04:18 AM.

Hello Leeroy_Jenkins,

Thanks for your post.

I understand that you have tried you have tried to get around this by creating clean environments and the issue appears to be random. Ultimately, it may be best for us to chase after this sort of issue if we can demonstrate it in a clean environment with SampleMACrossover in the Strategy Analyzer, and anything else necessary to reproduce the symptom.

I would suggest chasing after this issue by first seeing if there is some pattern that can be followed that will hit this issue, even if it takes a few time. If we can then eliminate custom components from that procedure, we will be closer to being able to demonstrate it in clear terms where we could reproduce on our end, and also file a bug report if we can reproduce the symptoms. If there is a pattern that can hit the issue sometimes, I would suggest recording a video of that procedure, so then steps can be formed that can be widdled down into something more repeatable.

You may send me your log and trace files to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com with the text "Attn Jim 3110781" and I could have a look, but I could not make any promises. I would need to know the exact time you noticed the issue occur, and the exact things you did leading up to the window disappearing. This would be a bit of a long shot because we would really need to get down to what exact steps need to be taken (even if they need to be done a few times.)

Attaching Log and Trace files

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
    • Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
    • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
    I look forward to hearing from you.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
    Started by i019945nj, 12-14-2023, 06:41 AM
    7 responses