Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gap in chart - does it exist?

Hello -

I was examining CL 06-21 for today. I use multiple time frame charts when I trade.... 10 minute, 60 minutes, 280 minute (yes, 2 8 0). I noticed an unusual gap in the chart that I couldn't recognize in smaller time frames that existed in larger time frames. As a result, I dumped my database,cache, logs, data and reloaded everything. Unfortunately, this gap still appears. I started narrowing down where the gap is forming by increasing the #minutes on my lower timeframe chart and decreasing the number of minutes in my higher time frame chart.

Surprisingly CL 06-21 (for Today May 13 2021) at 270 minutes does not show a gap in the candles, nor in lower timeframes.
    However, CL 06-21 (same day) at 271 minutes SHOWS a gap in the candles. In fact you see this on some of the higher time frames!

I've *attached* photos for review and I'd like to best understand what might be going on here? Any thoughts?

Hello wildwex,

Thank you very much for your post.

So far, I have not been able to reproduce this, it seems my 271-minute chart does not seem to show this gap:

Click image for larger version  Name:	CL.png Views:	0 Size:	32.3 KB ID:	1156048

As a first check, please ensure your platform is fully up to date, if you are using a version prior to 7.0.1000.42 (you may find the current version under Help > About), I would highly suggest updating your platform, as older versions no longer have access to our historical data server, which would explain this gap.

First, to update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
    • First, get your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
    • Click on the link: https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
    • Enter your license key and press Submit
    • Under 'Prior Releases' select the version next to 'NinjaTrader 7' to begin your download.
    • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

Lastly, to reset your instruments, please follow the steps below:
    • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed
    • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK
    • Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection

If you receive this error on 7.0.1000.42, please send us your log & trace files, we can then investigate further and track down what is causing this.

To do this, please follow the steps below:
    • Open Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents") > 'NinjaTrader 7' folder
    • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to the following email:
      • platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com
    • Please also leave the following note in your email, this ensures it is quickly associated with your post:
      • ATTN Manfred 3101258
    • Once sent, you can delete these compressed folders
    Thank you in advance, I look forward to your reply!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by f.saeidi, Today, 01:32 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post f.saeidi  
    Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
    9 responses
    0 likes