Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error message when attempting to manually close a chart trader order

Hi

Just wondering what this message is that I got when trying to manually close an order in NT8. I had to click several times before it closed. Luckily it worked in my favour but it could have been the reverse!

Hello Indie Trader,
    Thank you for the question.

The error you are seeing means that the order was beyond the banding limits for that instrument resulting in it being rejected.
    • If your inquiry ever involves a live order, please reach out to your orders desk first to manage the order and find out what was happening with the order.
    • This error is being sent from the brokerage/orders desk and they would be able to provide more information on why this order was being rejected.

Please see this publicly available link for more information on Banding Limits:
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Clayton View Post
      Hello Indie Trader,
      Thank you for the question.

The error you are seeing means that the order was beyond the banding limits for that instrument resulting in it being rejected.
      • If your inquiry ever involves a live order, please reach out to your orders desk first to manage the order and find out what was happening with the order.
      • This error is being sent from the brokerage/orders desk and they would be able to provide more information on why this order was being rejected.

Please see this publicly available link for more information on Banding Limits:
      Thank you, I understand banding and yes this WAS a live order, hence my concern but I do not accept this explanation. If banding was in play it would have affected a lot of people not just me. The MES had not moved very high nor very low and the price was mid-market at that time. I've checked with some other traders and nobody seems to have had this banding issue at that time. I seem to only have these issues on NT8 and it's not the first time that manually closing an order on chart trader has been a problem. When I revert back to NT7 I have no issues at all hence my asking if this is a platform issue.
      I await your response.
      Thank you.

Comment

Hello Indie Trader,

Thank you for the note.

Have you reached out to your orders desk for clarification on why you received this order yet?

Since this was a live order, the error message you received was from the brokerage, not the NinjaTrader platform.

Please reach out to your broker/orders desk for further information on why you received the error in your screenshot.

As previously mentioned, any time you receive an error on a live order, ALWAYS reach out to your broker/orders desk first.

After speaking with your broker/orders desk about the order, if you have any further questions or think that there is something unexpected happening with the platform, I suggest reaching out to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com directly with your log and trace files and Order ID included and let us know what is happening and we will be able to take a further look at what was happening with your order/platform.

Comment

Hi Clayton I signed on with NinjaTrader Brokerage directly from your website. I thought this would give me a single point of contact for any issues. Obviously not?

Comment

Hello Indie Trader,
            Thank you for the note.

The Forum is publicly facing where all users are able to see the information posted.

Since the thing in question here is an order that happened with your live brokerage account, this would require discussing private and personal information about you and your account which is not something that is done over the Forum for privacy reasons.

When you have any questions related to your account, you would want to reach out to the broker or orders desk directly:
            • You will want to use the respective @ symbol and . (period) for the DOT, this is done to keep spam bots from grabbing the email address off of the forum
              • Brokerage Support: BrokerageSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com
              • Orders Desk: Orders[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com
            If you ever have any questions about the NinjaTrader License Key, you would want to speak with the Platform Sales team at PlatformSales[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com

If you ever have any NinjaTrader platform related questions, you are welcome to reach out directly to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com and we are able to address things happening with your platform specifically

The Forum is a great place to ask questions about the Platform, what specific errors or things mean, how to do something, or if you need help with a NinjaScript. Once it gets beyond general information and begins to be specific to the user and involve personal/private information, we recommend reaching out to the respective department directly over email so they are able to discuss sensitive information and see your information specifically.

All of the Contact information mentioned above is also available at this NinjaTrader Contacts link below:

Comment

Thank you Clayton

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post PaulMohn  
              Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM