Empty intraday chart for IB real time feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Empty intraday chart for IB real time feed

I have a similar problem outlined by the user here. I got the IB real time feed for Singapore stocks but am unable to view intraday. My data series is set to 1,825 days so that can't be the problem. Incidentally, I am using the Kinetick feed for US securities.

My NT8 and TWS versions are 8.0.23.2 64-bit and 983.2i respectively.

Interactive Brokers Intraday Data - NinjaTrader Support Forum

I did find a link for NT7 that it does not support IB historical tic data to draw intraday bars. Is that still the case for NT8?

NinjaTrader Version 7

Also, is there a way to allow US stock feeds from Kinetick and Singapore stock feeds from IB simultaneously? The help file doesn't seem to indicate so, but I would like to confirm.

Thank you.

Hello Al Recites,

Thank you for the message.
    1. The current version of NinjaTrader 8 when writing this is 8.0.24.2, please use the steps below to upgrade your platform to the most recent version.
      • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
      • Click on the link: https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
      • Enter your license key and press Submit
      • Select 'Download'
      • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.
    2. The version of Trader Workstation that you will want to use at this time is 978.2c as mentioned in the Connection guide:
      • https://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGu...nnection-Guide
        • Here is the publicly available download link:
          • TWS 978.2c - Download
          • You may either uninstall the current version then install the version above, or just install the version above and make sure you only have 978.2c open and connected when you are connecting to NinjaTrader
    3. In regard to the Historical Data limitations, this is something that is limited by the data that Interactive Brokers provides through its API for the NinjaTrader platform to use:
    4. You could get real-time market data from one connection and historical data from another connection, but there is no way to get the real-time or historical data from two different connections simultaneously
      • If you would like to get real-time from one connection but historical from the other:
        • Go to the Control Center > Tools > Options > Categories > Market Data > Properties > General > Expand both the 'Preferred connections - Historical' and 'Preferred connections - real-time' > Next to the instrument type, select the connection type you want to receive the market data from
        • Please see the following link for more information about setting up Preferred connections:
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
    6 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post DJ888
    by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
    0 responses