Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no market data available

Hello,

When i try to buy ES 06-21 this morning in SIM101 it returned an error: There is no market data available to drive the simulation engine. affected Order Buy 1 Market

I have no problem buying 1 contract on my IB account.
    Maybe i accidentally switch off something in options.

Any idea?

TY

Hello frankduc,

Thank you for your inquiry.

The simulator requires real-time data for order entry. This message generally means that you do not have real-time data for ES 06-21. You will need to adjust your enablement to make sure that you have the correct subscription to receive real-time data through the TWS API. This is a different enablement than what's required to receive real-time data in TWS itself.

Please let us know if we may assist you any further.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

I am receiving the data from IB TWS I have a connection in NT call My Interactive Broker. On my chart it shows the last price and draw the chart. On basic entry i can see Last 4129.5 but bid and ask N/A. Yesterday everything was fine. This morning i only get Last price.

Are you saying that IB not feeding me anymore bid and ask? Thats not logical i get the bid and ask on my tws.

TY

Comment

Hello frankduc,

Thank you for your reply.

No, that is not what I am saying. What I wanted you to understand is that the data in TWS is different from the data that is being sent through their API into NinjaTrader and they require a different enablement on your account. Just because you receive data for an instrument in TWS does not necessarily mean that it is enabled for you receive data through the API.

With all that said, if you are reporting that everything was working within NinjaTrader yesterday than we will want to investigate what changed to cause the instrument to no longer work. Since I need to look at diagnostic information about your setup, the forum is not the best place to proceed. Please follow the steps below to send your log and trace files in an email so I may investigate this matter further.
        • Open Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents") > 'NinjaTrader 8' folder
        • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
        • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to an email to platformsupport(at)ninjatrader(dot)com
        • Put : 3096557 Attn Zachary
        • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
        Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item.
        Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post alifarahani  
        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
        1 response
        0 likes