Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volumetric chart not showing what I was expecting / need

Hi,

I use a 950 tick chart to trade with but I would like to add another layer of info in the form of volume traded at each tick level of each bar.

I have a lifetime license so have created a volumetric chart, with a tick base period and 950 base period value; I thought this would basically display a 950 tick chart with volume, but it doesn't.

It almost does but not quite. Can anyone explain if what I would like is possible and also what it is I'm actually looking at having created this chart please - is it a tick chart, volume chart or what, because when you compare it to both a 950 tick chart and also a 950 volume chart, it is neither.

Thanks.

Hello ballston,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Rather than using the Volumetric Bars to achieve this, the 'Order Flow Volume Profile' is capable of displaying a volume profile for each bar by using the 'Bars' profile period, and can be applied to your 950 Tick chart. You may also enable 'Show volume labels' property to display the volume at each tick level of the bar. Please see the attached image for an example of this. Additionally, I've included the section of our help guide that describes the Order Flow Volume Profile parameters at length;

Attached Files
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Zachary,

Thanks very much for that.

Regards,
      Ben

Comment

Hi again,

Your suggestion does work for the volume side of things, but the volumetric chart offers more functionality which in hindsight I'd like to use too.

So my main question is why doesn't a 950 tick volumetric chart display the same bar data as a regular 950 tick chart and how to I make them the same?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello ballston,

Thank you for your reply.

I'd need to know more about the chart settings for the Volumetric bars because there are a number of different settings that I'd need to know to be able to reproduce the chart.

What 'Delta Type' are you using on your Volumetric chart?

How many 'Ticks per Level'?

Do you have a size filter set?

What 'Chart Style Type' are you using?

Please also take a couple of screenshots of the Data Series window of your Volumetric chart with all of the 'Data Series' and 'Chart Style' properties fully visible and attach them to your response.

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

I look forward to further assisting you.
          Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Zachary,
            i am using the volumetric chart . Have Issue since ever .I cant see the candle Wick on my chart at all.I have changed the setting many times to try to achieve this option .
            From changing the chart color background to Box grid and Box outline color / to transparent . Please advise how i can achieve this option or what ma i doing wrong ,when i choose in setting ((center open close Bar)) so i can see the candle wick .Adding my screenshot of the chart and setting .r
            would appreciate any help.

Comment

Hello Bullseye,

Thank you for writing in.

As a note for the future, any time you have a new/unrelated question please post it in a new forum thread to ensure each thread is only about one topic.
              • While involving the Order Flow Volumetric Bars, your question is a new one about the wicks. Not about the volume at different price levels.

That being said, the Order Flow Volumetric Bar type will not have a Wick as the boxes that extend above and below the bar would be the "Wick"
              • Click image for larger version  Name:	LT219a.png Views:	0 Size:	78.2 KB ID:	1233602

Please see the following link for more detailed information on the Order Flow Volumetric Bar type:
              Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Clayton thank you for response ,
                i do understand , but I have attached a jpeg from Ninjatrader / support / help guide that i see the wick of the bar .How is this possible . I did the setting as in the picture .You find this picture it in Orderflow volumetric imbalace and a guy in youtube that has ninjatrad Click image for larger version

Name:	volumetric chart.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	1233622 der platform has this wicks aswell .that is why i am asking
                thanks again if you would respond

Comment

Hello Bullseye,

Thank you for the update.

If you look at the chart closely, you will see it shows two different data series on the chart. This was done by combining two different Data Series into one Panel and then making the Volume Profile's bars "Transparent".
                  • So, this wasn't done with just a Volumetric Bar Chart. The Candles with wicks are a normal Minute Data Series being plotted on top of the Volumetric Bars.
                  Please see the screenshot below for the steps to replicate this yourself:

Click image for larger version

Name:	LT223a.png
Views:	299
Size:	400.9 KB
ID:	1233632

Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.

Comment

Hello Clayton , Thank you for your help. Have followed your tips Line by Line. It worked one last thing my candles are off as you see in the picture ,more to the right side and not in the middle .My data series matches exactly to yours.Have also tried alot of options to get it in the middle , .even changing the bar width didn't work. Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	1233732 How can i fix this.
                    Thanks

Comment

Hello Bullseye,

Thank you for the message.

On the Order Flow Volume Profile settings, check the box next to "Center open close bar" and then click OK.

If it is still not lining up, please make sure both data series are using the same Trading Hours template.

If it is still not lining up, go to the Documents Folder > NinjaTrader 8 > Workspaces > Copy the Workspace file and attach it to your response so we can test it in our platform.

Comment

thank you very much clayton the issue got fixed by it self , as soon as i connected to ninjatrader continum. it helps me alot

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Clayton View Post
                          Hello Bullseye,

On the Order Flow Volume Profile settings, check the box next to "Center open close bar" and then click OK.

If it is still not lining up, please make sure both data series are using the same Trading Hours template.

If it is still not lining up, go to the Documents Folder > NinjaTrader 8 > Workspaces > Copy the Workspace file and attach it to your response so we can test it in our platform.

Hi there,

This thread was very helpful as I am having the same issue. I have the latest version of NT. I followed your instructions and confirmed that the trading hours are exactly the same. However, the candle is still not lining up in the middle. Has there been another setting identified that might fix this issue?

Comment

Hello tjfintrade,

Are you connected to real-time market data?

If you right-click on the chart and select "Reload all historical data" does it cause the bars to line up?

Did you click on the Volumetric Data Series and "Center open close bar"?

Are the Volumetric chart and Data Series the exact same Interval?

Do both Data Series have the "Break at EOD" setting checked? If not, check the box on both.

If the Data series are still not lining up, please take a screenshot of your chart window and include that in your response so we can see what it looks like.

As well, go to the Documents Folder > NinjaTrader 8 > Workspaces > Copy the Workspace file and attach it to your response so we can test it in our platform.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Clayton View Post
                              Hello tjfintrade,

Are you connected to real-time market data?

If you right-click on the chart and select "Reload all historical data" does it cause the bars to line up?

Did you click on the Volumetric Data Series and "Center open close bar"?

Are the Volumetric chart and Data Series the exact same Interval?

Do both Data Series have the "Break at EOD" setting checked? If not, check the box on both.

If the Data series are still not lining up, please take a screenshot of your chart window and include that in your response so we can see what it looks like.

As well, go to the Documents Folder > NinjaTrader 8 > Workspaces > Copy the Workspace file and attach it to your response so we can test it in our platform.

Yes, I am connected to my live account and have a data plan with NT. I tried to reload historical data, and it didn't help. I even tried starting a brand new workspace, and still no luck. All settings are the same as well. Here are the screenshots and workspace.

It would not allow me to attach the workspace. Says I don't have the authorization to upload XML file types. So I copied it and added it in a txt doc if that helps.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Johnny Santiago, 10-11-2019, 09:21 AM
                              95 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post xiinteractive  
                              Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes