Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

issues related to orders

Hi

I am wondering if I can place an order like after I place the order, when the price hits 50.00 and the system automatically places a buy order at 49.50. or when the price hits 50.00, the system automatically places a sell order at 50.50.
    I am not sure if there is a specific term for this kind of order but that is how I want to place my order. Thank you.

Hello j29682896,

Thank you for your inquiry.

This could certainly be achieved using an automated NinjaScript Strategy. You could set up conditions to enter when the price hits a specified level and place a limit order below the current price for a buy or above it for a sell.

We do have resources to help you begin creating NinjaScript Strategies/Indicators. All links below are publicly available.
    ​​​​​​​
    The best way to begin learning NinjaScript is to use the Strategy Builder. With the Strategy Builder you can setup conditions and variables and then see the generated code in the NinjaScript Editor by clicking the View Code button.

I'm also providing a link to a pre-recorded set of videos 'Strategy Builder 301' and 'NinjaScript Editor 401' for you to view at your own convenience.

Strategy Builder 301

NinjaScript Editor 401

If you are new to C#, to get a basic foundation for the concepts and syntax used in NinjaScript I would recommend this section of articles in our NT7 help guide first:

Basic Programming Concepts
    For general C# education I have personally found Dot Net Perls to be a great reference site with easy to understand examples.

Browse examples for many languages, with explanations and code side by side for easy understanding.

We also have great resources in relation to Strategy Development on our Support Forum. There is a very active developer community in our support forum that supplements the responses provided by NinjaTrader support staff providing all users with an exceptional support experience.

Take me to your support forum!

There are a few Sample Automated Strategies which come pre-configured in NinjaTrader that you can use as a starting point. These are found under New -> NinjaScript Editor -> Strategy. You will see locked strategies where you can see the details of the code, but you will not be able to edit (you can though always create copies you can later edit via right click > Save as)

We also have some Reference samples online as well as ‘Tips and Tricks’ for both indicators and strategies:

Click here to see our NinjaScript Reference Samples

Click here to see our NinjaScript Tips

These samples can be downloaded, installed and modified from NinjaTrader and hopefully serve as a good base for your custom works.

Further, the following link is to our help guide with an alphabetical reference list to all supported methods, properties, and objects that are used in NinjaScript.

Alphabetical Reference

And our Educational Resources in the NinjaTrader 8 help guide.

Educational Resources

A set of specific tutorials for creating conditions in the NinjaTrader 8 Strategy Builder in the NinjaTrader 8 help guide.

Condition Builder

You can also contact one of our professional NinjaScript Consultants or Educators who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. Please let me know if you would like a list of professional NinjaScript Consultants or Educators who would be happy to create or modify any script at your request or assist you in learning NinjaScript.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post cre8able  
    Started by fiddich, Today, 05:25 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes