Order rejected - Exceeds instrument's maximum position quantity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order rejected - Exceeds instrument's maximum position quantity

I'm using NT8 (v8.0.24.2) with unmanaged orders.
    I have a requirement for some strategies to reverse a position but only if an MIT order is filled, so I can't close the current position then submit an order to enter in the new direction. Instead I submit a single MIT order for the reversal (close & enter). For example, I'm 5 short and now want to go 5 long, so I submit an MIT buy order for 10. However I sometimes get the following error:

30/04/2021 11:25:00 Order Sim101, Order 'ee8a18e8f9ea41e6af66d6c44caf0a03' can't be submitted: Exceeds instrument's maximum position quantity. affected Order: Buy 10 MIT @ 15235

Please note it's stating the "Instrument", not "Account" maximum position quantity. I have the Account maximum position quantity set to 0, I've tried changing it to 100 and it makes no difference at all. The instrument in question is FDAX on Eurex.
    Last edited by kiffgj; 04-30-2021, 05:19 AM.

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

This error occurs when a risk template has been applied to the account and the risk template does not have a definition for the instrument you are trading.

To resolve this, remove the risk template from the account, or add a definition in the risk template for the instrument being traded:If this risk template is applied to a live account from the broker's side, you'll want to reach out to your broker directly to manage this.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm very new to NT and hadn't even looked at the Risk settings.
      I am currently using the Sim account and Risk was set to "None", however it appears that has a default max position of 10 for FDAX, so I created my own Risk profile for FDAX and set it to 50, now it's working fine.

Many thanks for your prompt and concise response, as a MultiCharts convert, it's very encouraging to see!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post bmartz
      by bmartz

Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes