Actual RVOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actual RVOL

RVOL, or relative volume, is meant to compare the volume of the current bar to average volume for that same bar from previous sessions. For example if you are using a 15m candlestick chart and the time is 10:00 AM, the histogram would show you how the volume of the current bar compares to the average 10:00 AM bar's volume.

I've googled this and searched for it and I've seen recommended a bizarre relative volume indicator that just compares the current bar to the average volume given a lookback period, which is very wrong and is not what other platform RVOL indicators do.

Is there an actual RVOL out there and I'm just having a hard time finding it? I would hope I'm just being dense and am unable to find this standard indicator, and that it actually exists on this platform.

Hello butt_toast,

There is a RVOL indicator available on the support forum at the link below (post #6).

You can import it at Control Center-->Tools-->Import-->NinjaScript Add-On. Select the .zip file and click the Open button. Make sure to select No when it prompts to replace indicators.

If this RVOL indicator does not calculate as you like, I suggest to check the publicly available NinjaTrader ecosystem website for any custom created add-ons from other users (User App Share) or look for 3rd party add-ons (Trading Indicators) that offer such functionality.
    Search trading indicators, apps and services to personalize your NinjaTrader software. Explore custom trading indicators, automated strategies, free trading apps & more!

If you can't find it, you could contact a NinjaScript programmer (Programmers) to create an add-on for you.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello butt_toast,

There is a RVOL indicator available on the support forum at the link below (post #6).

You can import it at Control Center-->Tools-->Import-->NinjaScript Add-On. Select the .zip file and click the Open button. Make sure to select No when it prompts to replace indicators.

If this RVOL indicator does not calculate as you like, I suggest to check the publicly available NinjaTrader ecosystem website for any custom created add-ons from other users (User App Share) or look for 3rd party add-ons (Trading Indicators) that offer such functionality.
      Search trading indicators, apps and services to personalize your NinjaTrader software. Explore custom trading indicators, automated strategies, free trading apps & more!

If you can't find it, you could contact a NinjaScript programmer (Programmers) to create an add-on for you.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
      Jason, thanks for taking the time to reply.

Yeah that indicator is the one I found when searching. This indicator is called relative volume but that is incorrect, so it's not a matter of calculation really but that's semantics.

Can you please add a request to have this included in an update, this is something SC has and should be remarkably easy for your devs.

I searched the ecosystem and this is what RVOL is supposed to be: https://www.chartspots.com/relative-...indicator-nt8/

"Relative Volume (RVOL) compares current volume to the average volume for the same time of day during prior sessions."

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-2387. We added your vote. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
          Started by maybeimnotrader, Yesterday, 05:46 PM
          5 responses
          0 likes