Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Live access but no data fed to my account.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live access but no data fed to my account.

Good afternoon,

I have recently opened an account with NT including brokerage account with NT. The demo version was working flawlessly.

I have requested an account without live data for now as I am trying to simulate first for few months, and I was assured that my paper trading account will have live data fed to it.

Now when I login with my 'live' credentials I can see two accounts:
    Sim101 which has cash value of $100,000 - this is not my original deposit into account
    SimSIM, which I created as simulation account.

I trade only MNQ - but now my SuperDOM is empty, no price action in SuperDOM nor in the charts. It doesn't matter which account I choose: Sim101 or SimSIM.

I am very puzzled, I already lost two days of simulation trading and my original demo account is about to expire.

Please let me know what can be done to access the live data feed.

Thanks

Hello CS-2021,

Please note that the Sim101 account is a simulation account native to the NinjaTrader platform. This is not your live account.

If your live account connection does not have realtime (live) data enabled, then you will not receive realtime data in NinjaTrader when connected to your live account. You need to enable realtime data for your live account connection or you need to use the free demo connection (while not expired).

You need to receive realtime data in the NinjaTrader platform in order to trade in simulation.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Jason - this is totally clear to me since I do not require the live account yet.

Thank you
      Last edited by CS-2021; 04-22-2021, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
        Hello CS-2021,

Please note that the Sim101 account is a simulation account native to the NinjaTrader platform. This is not your live account.

If your live account connection does not have real-time (live) data enabled, then you will not receive real-time data in NinjaTrader when connected to your live account. You need to enable real-time data for your live account connection or you need to use the free demo connection (while not expired).

You need to receive real-time data in the NinjaTrader platform in order to trade in simulation.
        Hello Jason again. I have subscribed to the live data and now it shows me price action in chart and in SuperDOM.

My LIVE account is still not showing, Sim101 is there but when I click on Tools > Global Simulation Mode is checked but greyed out. Pop up message shows up > please see attached screenshot.

How do I go around this now?

Thanks

Comment

To see and select your live account in the NinjaTrader platform, please follow the steps below.
          • Make sure your live license key is entered at Control Center-->Help-->License Key.
          • Connect to your live account at Control Center-->Connections.
          • Uncheck 'Global Simulation Mode' at Control Center-->Tools.
          You can now select your live account in order entry windows such as the SuperDOM and ChartTrader.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you - I did it and everything works ok...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
            Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB