Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Before I opened my NinjaTrader account, I downloaded NT8 and used a simulated account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before I opened my NinjaTrader account, I downloaded NT8 and used a simulated account

.. so I could learn the platform and set up my workspace. Now, my account is funded. Can I used the NT8 I already downloaded and somehow switch to my new live account, or will I be given a link with which to download another NT8 and that's the NT8 I'll have to use? And if so, I guess I'll lose the workspace I created on the sim account NT8 I already downloaded. Thanks for your help

Hello Virgil123,

Thank you for creating your post with these details.

Yes, you can use the same NinjaTrader 8 files and platform you have already downloaded along with the same workspaces you have already set up.

To access your live account on the platform (this process will not remove your workspaces or other custom items) you will first need to make sure you have a live license key and that it is entered in the Control Center → Help → License Key.

Next, if you have not already, you will need to create your live account on the NinjaTrader platform. Seeing as you did not mention which broker you are using, below I have provided a publicly available link that has all the connection guides for NinjaTrader so you can be sure you are following the correct instructions to connect to your live account:When you are connected to your live account and have your license key entered the platform, you would then be able to choose your account (live or simulated) in the order entry windows under the 'Account' selector. I have provided a screenshot of how this appears with the Sim101 account selected in the SuperDOM window:

If you have any additional questions or inquiries regarding NinjaTrader, please do not hesitate to reach out once more.
    Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 09:06 AM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_ThomasC  
    Started by f.saeidi, Today, 10:19 AM
    1 response
    0 likes