Negative bars from IB paper account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Negative bars from IB paper account

Hello. I'm quite newby with NT. Following the instruction on your web site I've succesfully set the connection between NT 8.0.23.2 64-bit and TWS 978.2c. I've been trying to test custom strategy on my paper account.
    I noticed very strange bars data on the instrument chart. Several historical bars were far below zero and every further bar got there after being closed. But current processing bar and current price seemed to be normal. There are historical data on the second screenshot, which appeared after strategy start. I tried to remove them and start again, but it didn't help. Could you please explain what has happened and what should I do to get normal bar values. Thank you
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Aduciicba; 04-12-2021, 02:43 PM.

Hello Aduciicba,

Thank you for your post.

Please clarify; are you asking a question about your custom strategy that you are trying to test or about the historical data that is showing on your chart? You posted in the Strategy Development section of our forums, so if you are not asking about your strategy I would like to be sure we move the post to the correct forum section and address your concerns appropriately.

I look forward to your reply.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

My apologies, it's probably the wrong section. My problem is with historical and live data from IB provider, not with the strategy.

Comment

Hello Aduciicba,

Thank you for your patience.

No worries! We have moved this thread to the Platform Technical Support section of the forums accordingly. I appreciate you providing the versions of NinjaTrader and TWS that you are using in your initial post. I see that you're using an older version of NinjaTrader 8. To update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
        • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
        • Click on the link: https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
        • Enter your license key and press Submit
        • Select 'Download'
        • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

After the update, you should be running on version 8.0.24.2 (you may check this by going to Control Center > Help > About). Please test NIO after the update and if the symptoms persist, I would like to review your log and trace files. You may send them manually (please include the link to this forum page) to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com or you may send them through the platform with the following steps:

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please include a link to this forum page and reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 3054398 ATTN Emily

I look forward to resolving this with you.
        Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post arvidvanstaey  
        Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
        16 responses
        0 likes