Data feed keep disconnecting randomly and now an ATM order is stuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data feed keep disconnecting randomly and now an ATM order is stuck

I'm using Kinetick and the Datafeed keeps randomly disconnecting and it's random on whether it automatically reconnects or not. I was in the middle of taking a trade when it disconnected again and I went to manually reconnect but now the trade is stuck on the chart and I cannot close it (The order on the ATM is usually bright blue but its orange, which usually happens when it's being edited I assume). I've tried to close the app and even restored old workspaces but it still won't go away. How do I get rid of the order and how can I stop the random disconnections?

Hello Zoey Ahuja,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums.

CRITICAL — If your inquiry involves live orders, please always reach out to your broker's Orders Desk immediately to confirm and manage your live orders and positions.

If your trades are with NinjaTrader Brokerage, you can contact NinjaTrader Brokerage Order Desk here:
    • Email: orders(at)ninjatrader(dot)com
    1. Intermittent disconnections are usually a sign that the network path between your PC and the Kinetick servers is unstable. We realize that lost connections can be frustrating. A connection state between NinjaTrader and your broker/market data vendor is not dictated by NinjaTrader. The NinjaTrader application only reports the connection state as it is reported by the API you are connected through. NinjaTrader behaves like a radio receiver in that it receives signals from the connected server. If the signals are not coming through, the underlying broker/market data vendor API reports this to the NinjaTrader application which in turn reports this back to you. Once a loss of connection is reported, NinjaTrader or the underlying API will continuously try to re-establish a connection.

To resolve intermittent connection loss, you will need to improve the connection stability. First and foremost, if you are not using a hard-wired connection, I would highly recommend connecting via ethernet. Wireless connection are inherently more unstable than a hard-wired connection and can drop much more frequently. If that does not improve the connection, I would recommend following the steps below, and testing for issue after each step:
    • Restart NinjaTrader
    • Restart your modem and (if applicable) router
    • Restart your PC
    • Also, ensure that your computer is not turning off your Network Adapter to conserve power:
      • Right-click on your Start button
      • Select 'Device Manager'
      • Expand 'Network Adapters'
      • Right-click on your Network Adapter and select Properties > Power Management
      • Uncheck 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' option
      • Click 'OK' to save the changes
      • Do this for all Network Adapters
    • Clear your DNS
    • Ensure exceptions have been added into any firewall/antivirus/backup programs for the Documents > "NinjaTrader 8" folder.
    • If the above steps do not help, contact your ISP and let them know you are experiencing a highly unstable connection. An issue of connectivity may exist on their end.
    2. With regard to the stuck order that you are experiencing, the resolution will depend on whether this is a live order or simulation order. If this is a simulation order, resetting the Sim101 account will resolve the issue. To reset your simulation account:
    • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the Accounts tab.
    • Right click on your simulation account and select Properties.
    • Press the "Reset" button.
    If this is a live order, you will want to reset your database. To reset the database:
    • Disconnect NinjaTrader from any open connections via Connections > Disconnect
    • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Database Management
    • Press "Reset DB"
    • Check Historical Orders to remove historical orders
    • Check Historical Trades to remove historical trades
    • Press the "Reset" button
    Please let us know if we may provide any additional assistance in the future.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Zachary; 04-12-2021, 02:00 PM.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
    Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
    3 responses
    0 likes