Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

it throws an error (see below) for the first indicator in the chart's Configured Ind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it throws an error (see below) for the first indicator in the chart's Configured Ind

Hello,

I installed IndiPrint on NT8 (latest version) successfully tonight after downloading it from the attachment posted by Jim on 3/1/19. I added it to a chart that has several indicators.

When I press the button, it throws an error (see below) for the first indicator in the chart's Configured Indicators. There is no output. To see if it was an exception for that specific indicator, I removed the indicator (dnChartIdentifier) at the top of the configured list, then pressed the button again. Same error for the new indicator now at the top of the list (LT_Pivots_Daily). This happens for all the indicators in the configured list.

I'm currently way out of my depth. Would someone assist, please?

Thank you.

Mailmon

Click image for larger version

Name:	Unhandled Exception.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	1151040

Name:	Unhandled Exception2.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	1151041

Hello Mailmon,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

I'm not seeing that there is an issue with the IndiPrint script. I have tested using 8.0.24.2.

Below is a link to a video of the test.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fEy...w?usp=drivesdk

The errors you are seeing are related to a 3rd party script you have installed. The error states dnChartIdentifier and LizardTrader.LT_Pivots_Daily.
    These are the scripts with errors, not the IndiPrint example.

I would recommend you remove the other 3rd party scripts that are actually causing errors.

I have moved your post to the Platform Technical section of the forums as this is not a question about programming and is not on the topic of the script in this thread.

As this is not related to programming, if you would like the Platform Support to assist with creating a clean environment or removing 3rd party scripts please send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Mailmon,

I did make a change to have the script work more friendly with compiled assemblies.

Hi, Is it possible to acces and get the value of all Indicators, that are in a Chart? So, if I have an indicator, from which I don't know the code, can I get

If issues persist, I would need an example script that reproduces any issues. Please note that I cannot make promises that those cases can be handled within the scope of this script.
      JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you, Chelsea. It was my first post (Yay!) and I appreciate your guidance on the preferred process for these issue reports. Will do!

Thank you, Jim, for taking the time to modify your original indicator so quickly! It no longer throws that exception. Everything works.

As evidence, referencing the Output in the screen-shot below you can see that all is well. You've saved me a huge amount of time.

Good company. Great service. Excellent product.

Much appreciated!

Mailmon

Name:	Unhandled Exception Fixed.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	1151191

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:56 PM