Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opacity to Indicators

Hi.

Is it possible so add an opacity slider to all the indicators? Like how when you make a line with the drawing tools, you can right click and change the opacity. I want to do the same to, for example, the EMA. There is currently no option for that.

If I need to do this through code that is fine. Or maybe I need to just add a bit of code to the indicators I want opacity on. Either way, is this possible?

Hello kawalecld,
    Yes, its possible to add Opacity to any plot you wish to. You can use as below:
    Code:
    Plots[0].Opacity = opacity; // opacity is double variable between 0 to 1 where 1 means 100% opacity
    You can use it similarly in any indicator you wish to, hope it helps!

Comment

I'm not sure how to add that code. No idea where to start - and apparently you need a lease or lifetime license to use the Ninjascript editor.

Anyway, I found a way to do it. I have to save the EMA as a template in NinjaTrader, and then go to Documents -> NinjaTrader 8 -> templates -> Indicator -> EMA, then edit the XML file in Notepad and find Opacity and change it from 100 to something that you want. Like 30. Then load the template in NinjaTrader.

Comment

Hello kawalecld,

This was posted in the Indicator Development section of the forums for programmers. Are you looking for a development solution by changing the code of an indicator, or are you looking for a Platform Technical support answer to changing this without programming in C#?

For a Platform Technical Support answer:
        Opacity can be used in any brush (color) input using hexidecimal values without modifying the code.
        https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...or_pickers.htm

As well as a link to a video.

Each channel can have a value of 00 to 99 and then AA to FF. Where 00 is the smallest value and FF is the largest value.

#AARRGGBB

AA - alpha channel (opacity)
        RR - red channel
        GG - green channel
        BB - blue channel

Try typing in #77FF0000. This will be red at 50% opacity.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 11-10-2021, 01:05 PM.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
          Hello kawalecld,

This was posted in the Indicator Development section of the forums for programmers. Are you looking for a development solution by changing the code of an indicator, or are you looking for a Platform Technical support answer to changing this without programming in C#?

For a Platform Technical Support answer:
          Opacity can be used in any brush (color) input using hexidecimal values without modifying the code.

Each channel can have a value of 00 to 99 and then AA to FF. Where 00 is the smallest value and FF is the largest value.

#AARRGGBB

AA - alpha channel (opacity)
          RR - red channel
          GG - green channel
          BB - blue channel

Try typing in #77FF0000. This will be red at 50% opacity.
          Where do you see this? I would love to have any color I want with indicators - but instead I get a dropdown of around 100 different, predefined colors to choose from. I don't see any area to edit the hexidecimal values.

Comment

Hello kawalecld,

As an example you type this into the Data Series window Color for down bars, or Color for up bars.

Or in the SMA indicator you could set this as the Plots -> SMA -> Color.

You can have any color with indicators, you do not have to use a preselected color.

The place to edit is where the text is. If it says Blue, click where it Blue, change that to #77FF0000.

Comment

I see. Thank you. It's a bit unintuitive though... why isn't there just a colorpicker right when you open the menu up? I have to look up exactly which color I want online then put it in the hex code.

Comment

Hello kawalecld,

The developers did not design it that way.

I can submit a feature request on your behalf for the development to consider this.
                Once I have a tracking ID for this request I will post in this thread for future reference.

Comment

Hello kawalecld,

This request for 'Brush color inputs to show a color picker that includes opacity instead of a list of pre-defined colors' is being tracked with ID# SFT-5238.

Please note, we receive many requests and cannot reasonably implement all requested features or changes. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to make those changes to consider implementing, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment.

When new features are implemented, they will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide. The ID number may be different than the internal feature request tracking ID, but the description of the feature will let you know if that feature has been implemented.

Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
                  Started by Johnny Santiago, 10-11-2019, 09:21 AM
                  95 responses
                  0 likes