Composite Profile shows partial data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Composite Profile shows partial data

I am using the Kinetic free end of day data and the composite profile only shows the last month of volume data. I have set it to show the entire chart data but it only shows partial of of the chart data. I also logged in to my TD Ameritrade data connections and the same thing. Reloaded all historical charts didn't make any difference.

Is this the limitation of these data providers or am I missing something in the settings?

If this is a data provider limitation, what is the least expensive way of getting the data to fill the entire composite for stocks?

Hello farshadro,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Please share an image of your Order Flow Volume Profile settings and the 'Data Series' window of your chart so that I may attempt to recreate this issue on my end. It's especially important that I see the properties from the 'Setup' section of the Order Flow Volume Profile settings and the 'Data Series' and 'Time frame' sections of the 'Data Series' window so that I can recreate your chart as accurately as possible.

I look forward to your reply.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Here are the screen captures. I changed the chart to a basic chart with only market profile as the only indicator with only the default chart settings.

Comment

Hello farshadro,

Thank you for providing that information.

While I have sent this response to you via email, I wanted to update it here as well so that the information is publicly available for anyone experiencing a similar issue.

The Kinetick — End of Day (Free) feed does not provide the data necessary to populate the Order Flow Volume Profile because it would require either historical minute or historical tick data (based on the Resolution setting) and the Kinetick — End of Day (Free) does not support either of those types of data. The data that is populating your Order Flow Volume Profile is coming from your TD Ameritrade connection. The reason that you are only seeing 50 days of information is because TD Ameritrade only provides historical minute data for the past 50 days, and the Order Flow Volume Profile relies on minute data when using the 'Minute' Resolution setting. Unfortunately, there would be no workaround for this. To populate more data, you'd need to use a provider that supports are greater amount of historical minute data or a provider that supports historical tick data so that you could use the 'Tick' Resolution setting.
        Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by molecool, 10-09-2017, 10:48 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post trader-ap  
        Started by The_Sec, Yesterday, 03:53 PM
        1 response
        0 likes