My Simulation Wishlist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Simulation Wishlist

Folks, if there's no way to accomplish this, it'd be great if you can incorporate into future releases:

1) Accommodate federal holidays. I set up my strategies to trade only during trading hours on weekdays. However, during the course of a year, there's weekdays were the market is closed, such as the forth of July. When I run a playback simulation over the last three years, I need to add a bunch of silly logic to knock out these federal holidays where the market is closed, when it falls on a weekday.

2) Easier way to bulk edit out trading data. I set up my simulations to trade only when the market is open. So, I like to edit out all trading data when the market is closed, like from 3 PM - 4 AM, so my playbacks can run faster. When I need to do this for every single trading data, it's laborious and tedious.

3) Opening a Playback connection doesn't need to read all Replay data to start. In my /Replay directory, I can have over a terabyte of Playback data for different markets and periods. When I start a Playback connection, it can take hours to activate. I notice when I remove the Playback data that I won't be using, then Playback starts up much faster. So, I'm continually moving my needed Playback data in-and-out of the /Replay directory.

If you could accomplish all of this, you'd make my life much simpler. Thanks.

Hello timmbbo,

Just to confirm, you do not have any questions about development and coding NinjaScripts in C# or any programming questions, is this correct?
    If so, I'm moving this inquiry to the Platform Technical Support section of the forums as this does not relate to development.

Holidays are already accounted for in the Trading Hours template in the Holiday section.
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...radingHolidays

You can modify trading hours to exclude any time periods you want.
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...gHourTemplates

To be able to set the dates to anything in the Playback controller, NinjaTrader must first know what data is available. But you can change the From and To dates to any dates you would like for the playback period.
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...WithReplayData
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,
      Unfortunately, the Holiday history doesn't reach back far enough to support long-term backtesting or does it include holidays prior to 2015 (in the meantime)?
      If not, you will likely end up either i) creating stupid lists or ii) calculating Holidays by yourself, none of which should be the case in such a platform.
      NT-Roland

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
      Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
      11 responses
      0 likes